Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: safernetworkinglimited.dll not found

Default safernetworkinglimited.dll not found

While fighting with could.7.ep. yesterday, I managed to stop the cloud.7.ep. from self replication. I then run S&D and a pop-up says that "users.e0517.jpert.application data.local.safernetworkinglimited.kbtmcckc.dll" can not be found. I assume this is needed for S&D. What would be the best method to correct this?

Im not sure but i dont think this sounds like a real Spybot-File which belongs to the Software.
    Did you try to reinstall Spybot?
    Last edited by bbnetwork; 2013-06-13 at 17:20.

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

yes I did uninstall and the downloaded again. When I restarted I got the same pop-up.

Hello jpert,

Quote Originally Posted by jpert View Post
    While fighting with could.7.ep. yesterday, I managed to stop the cloud.7.ep. from self replication.
    By which method did you stop it?
    I then run S&D and a pop-up says that "users.e0517.jpert.application data.local.safernetworkinglimited.kbtmcckc.dll" can not be found. I assume this is needed for S&D. What would be the best method to correct this?
    Are you copying and pasting this, kbtmcckc.dll or typing from memory? Which version of Spybot-S&D do you have?

Please list all security programs installed and which one flagged cloud.7.ep.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

The original problem was a warning from Norton that a high risk "suspicious.cloud.7.EP." had been removed. The window would immediately come back up and be removed by Norton and start again. I Googled "suspious Cloud.7.EP" and found several opinions that might help. One of these referenced safernetworking.kbtmcckc.dll.I started looking through my program files and found the kbtmccke.dll file shown as "users.eo517jert.appdata.local.safernetworkinglimited.kbtmcckc.dll" and deleted. the "Cloud.7" popup quit but I now get a pop up "RegSvr32" in the header then a big red X then "The module C:\Users\e0517jpert\AppData\Local\safer Networking Limited\kbtmcckc.dll" failed to load' Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .Dll files. The specified module could not be found." I am not sure why I should have problems with my binary but it happens.

Hello jpert,

The original problem was a warning from Norton that a high risk "suspicious.cloud.7.EP." had been removed. The window would immediately come back up and be removed by Norton and start again. I Googled "suspious Cloud.7.EP" and found several opinions that might help. One of these referenced safernetworking.kbtmcckc.dll.I started looking through my program files and found the kbtmccke.dll file shown as "users.eo517jert.appdata.local.safernetworkinglimited.kbtmcckc.dll" and deleted. the "Cloud.7" popup quit but I now get a pop up "RegSvr32" in the header then a big red X then "The module C:\Users\e0517jpert\AppData\Local\safer Networking Limited\kbtmcckc.dll" failed to load' Make sure the binary is stored at the specified path or debug it to check for problems with the binary or dependent .Dll files. The specified module could not be found." I am not sure why I should have problems with my binary but it happens.
    I suspected Norton was your anti virus program, please see: http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto...it/td-p/966275

Did you use the Norton Power Eraser?
    Here is a link to the Tutorial for the Norton Power Eraser whichi includes the download link. Please read the cautionin regards to it being an aggressive cleaner.
    http://community.norton.com/t5/Norto.../966275/page/2
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Which version of Spybot-S&D do you have?

Please list all security programs installed...
    Best regards.

Yes I did run Power Eraser. I have Version2 S&D. I have System Mechanic, Norton 360 and Spybot installed.

Hello jpert,
    Yes I did run Power Eraser. I have Version2 S&D. I have System Mechanic, Norton 360 and Spybot installed.
    Because Norton Power Eraser uses aggressive methods to detect threats, there is a risk that it can select some legitimate programs for removal. You should use this tool very carefully. If you accidently remove a legitimate program, you can run Norton Power Eraser to review past repair sessions and undo them.
    http://security.symantec.com/nbrt/npe.aspx

Did you also run System Mechanic's registry cleaner?

Best regards.

yes, I did run System Mechanic registry cleaner. I have Home version 2.1. I had purchased this in February but I repurchased last night. I have been looking through files and I don't see Safer Networking even if I follow the path given in the pop-up. I am now totally confused.

I did a program search and found the SD files under Program files (86x)