Thread: Valid name, no data record of requested type

Default Valid name, no data record of requested type

Hi

I just had to reinstall Windows on my system. And so I again installed Spybot on it. I use version 2.1. But I have a problem with it. In Firefox, whenever I use URL bar for searching, I will get this:

I would like to know how to get rid of it. I don't need it to do anything else than block bad urls. And let Firefox use URL bar for searching. But I can't find anything about that in options or on homepage. I tried to play with various settings, but it keeps giving me back this, unless I use two words in URL bar, then it will automatically redirect me to Google and search for it. Bad news for me is that I do a lot of one word searches and I am used to use URL bar for it. Which Spybot renders useless for that purposes.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Please disable the Spybot-Proxy.

Open the Spybot-System-Control-Center (as Admin) and select the Menu "Settings".
    Now go to the Register-Tab "Internet-Protection" and disable the Option "Use Spybots own Proxy".
    Click Apply and OK

לשונות רעות שנפגעו שלוש פעמים: למי שמדבר, שדברו עליהם ומי שמקשיב.

שלום

Funny, I did that before and even had proxy unchecked. But it did not work. So now I enabled it again and disabled it right after and it works now... Not sure what went wrong, but only difference between two attempts is that I ran Spybot-System-Control-Center normally before and now I did it with run as administrator. So I guess UAC messed something up before and proxy was not really disabled.

Thanks for help. Now I am again happy user of Spybot. :-)

Hello,

Probably you still had the browser opened when disabling the proxy.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot