Thread: Two functions fail to start when program starts.

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hello,

Please download a fresh copy of Spybot 2.1.
    Uninstall Spybot-S&D according to the following link.
    After restarting your system please download a fresh copy of Spybot-S&D and install it.

Then enable all the services you want to have installed and running.

Please run the Start Center and switch to advanced mode.
    Now start Settings.

Then go to the tab "Internet Protection". Here you can activate the checkbox for "Use Spybot proxy".
    Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Under the tab "System Integration“ you can install the "System Integration“ services. Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Now go to the tab "System Services". Here you can start the "System Services".
    Make sure the checkboxes down under are ticked for "Active after every reboot".
    Click "Apply“ and "OK“ afterwards.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot

Default Fixed the 3 functions

Thanks, Flyvapnet, for your info. Lol, I probably should have known that.

Well, I finally got everything working, and then did some more work on uninstalling and reinstalling my printer, and some programs that are giving me fits.

All the next is for anyone who can help me, whether it be bbnetwork or SpybotSandra or whoever, please give me some direction, please:

My problem seems to be that every time I think I've got it solved, when I reboot and it starts up again, things go haywire. For a while it was that the Services would change state, or my firewall would no longer let programs thru to communicate with their url's, always something. Do you know how many times I've scanned my computer, either with ESET, Adaware, Spybot, the little program from Malwarebytes, Malwarebytes, and before I reinstalled ESET, I was trying out Bitdefender - no results. Aol installs, and I can get in for that session, but the next time I want to use it, I get a runtime error, something to do with KERNELBASE.dll. I'm pulling my hair. Aol says its Windows, and Microsoft says its Aol. No solution.

It sounds like I've got a virus or something, but I'll be damned if I can find it. I already wiped this hard drive once. This is a clean installation of my stuff, but man! I did it because it was happening before too, but I did not realize about Services not being right, but I now have learned! I did go in and manually set all the services because so many of them were wrong. But now I use a little program I got from ESET to repair the Services. Maybe my registry is hosed, who knows. Please help!

Question Thanks, but....

I thank you, Sandra, for your instructions! Well, I followed them to the letter but it's still no joy: The two recalcitrant functions still fail to start when the program starts, so I still have to start them manually. Alas! Your further guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Mcnoo, I'm glad you've made some progress in straightening out your computing system! It's seldom an easy task. As for your non-Spybot dilemmas, I suggest you see if there's a forum or thread on this board which addresses such matters. If so, I'd advise you to re-post the non-Spybot issues there. If not, well, you'll just have to keep searching the Web; or, if you know anyone personally who is expert in the field talk with them. Best wishes and good luck!

Beauty is the purgation of superfluities. - Michelangelo di Lodovico Buonarroti Simoni