Thread: speedanalysis.net

Default speedanalysis.net

No idea where I picked this one up, I'm pretty sure it's more than just coincidence since it opened itself as I was reaching this very forum. Randomly as I cruise the web, a new firefox window will be opened in the background to http://www.speedanalysis.net/ppu3.php?cid=3952&clickid=0020578363742345456&dfpid=101100373.

What it displays to me is just the low quality attempt to convince me that my computer is slow, which is like trying to convince a polar bear it can fly. If it's done anything nasty in the background without telling me, nothing has pinged on my antivirus, spybot doesn't think I have any significant threats, and I haven't noticed any wierd activity in my bank account or my credit cards...yet.

It's always that same popunder web page, seems to come up randomly, hotmail, amazon, youtube, spybotS&D...

I expect it's some sort of script that got saved to my comp, and I suspect that a properly updated spybot will clean it out.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-06-28 at 02:37. Reason: Disabled link

Default ?

Hey, my question was disabled by Tashi, but I don't see anything like a response anywhere. Was this determined not to be a spyware issue? A known issue? A stupid user issue?