Thread: New Random Windows Opening

Question New Random Windows Opening

Hi there everyone,

I have dropped in because for the last few days, every time I try to go to a website, a new tab/window will automatically open and try to direct me to another website (usually a random antivirus or internet security site). Just trying to get to this forum, 4 new windows opened up, one for FinallyFastPC, one for World of Tanks, Norton Online Security and Moon AntiVirus... There is also a bunch of random ads that appear with the phrase "Ads not of this site." I have run several scans, including some picked up from this forum in the past, and they all say that my computer is clean. AVG is not catching anything, neither is Spybot. Clearly something is up though. Any suggestions on what I could do? I rarely use my computer, but it always seems to manage to get malware or some other nasty on it. The husband used to download lots and lots of songs onto this thing, but claims to not have done so for months. I do have cable internet and a Netgear router (which is on all the time for WiFi), but I don't know if malware can find its way onto a computer that is not turned on through these things.

Thanks for any information that you could give me on how to handle this mess.

Hello JBrothers,

For someone to take a look at the system please see the sticky which includes guidelines for this forum and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic providing the logs.

From the forum FAQ;
    Towards the end of a cleanup please make sure you follow through with any final log requested, even if it appears to you that your computer is back to normal operation, and when asked to post back one more time please do so.
    Last topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?67849-Shopping-Sidekick-Plugin-plugin&p=437468&viewfull=1#post437468

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016