Thread: But what does it mean?

Default But what does it mean?

I was actually looking for an emoticon that had naïve on it. I am utterly lost at this point. I ran a deep scan for root kits, it finished, I have the results; and I have no idea what to do with it. Most say "unknown ADS" or "No admin in ACL". In primary grade English, what does that mean? I tried to find it by myself but color me GREEN, I don't know where to find anything. Can someone point the novice in the correct direction?

RichardPDX

Hello,

Malware sometimes uses rootkit technology to hide itself at system level.
    This makes it undetectable by standard tools. Our plugins help Spybot – Search & Destroy to detect this form of malware.
    Our Rootkit Scanner tool shows anything that uses certain rootkit technologies. But items with rootkit properties detected here are not necessarily malware. Sometimes, legit software uses rootkit technologies to hide registration data or other things it does not want the user to see in any case. So please keep in mind that the Rootkit Scanner only flags suspicious stuff, not identifying just bad stuff.

If you get ‘No admin in ACL’ this threads in our forum should help explaining:
    Unknown ADS and no Admin in ACL what is good and what is bad??? and Unknown ADS .

The deletion is final and can not be recovered through the Quarantine.
    If you still want to remove the found items it is strongly recommend to create a system restore point before doing that.

Best regards
    Sandra
    Team Spybot