Hi,

I use 1.4 on a WinXPSP2 PC. About two weeks ago, when McAfee VirusScan was updating itself, the update failed due to a McAfee server problem, which was consequentially fixed within several hours and after a few manual attempts on my part to update it, but later VS updates have since completed successfully. When updating, McAfee usually triggers a TeaTimer popup asking to allow or deny a registry change for "CleanUp." But since this failure, everytime I reboot or start my PC, the same TeaTimer popup repeats itself.

A few days ago, I did a registry cleanup with RegSeeker, and let it remove 599 registry problems. Since then, every time I reboot or start, not only does the "CleanUp" popup continue to come up, but three other TeaTimer popups come up in rapid sequence. Here is a clip of the SpyBot log which indicates the four changes:

10/24/2005 11:29:33 PM Allowed value "MCUpdateExe" (new data: "C:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\McUpdate.exe") changed in System Startup global entry!
10/24/2005 11:29:33 PM Allowed value "CleanUp" (new data: "") deleted in System Startup global entry!
10/24/2005 11:29:46 PM Allowed value "Local Page" (new data: "") deleted in Browser page!
10/24/2005 11:29:48 PM Allowed value "Local Page" (new data: "") deleted in Browser page!
The "Local Page" entries have to do with the blank home page that I have Internet Explorer defaulted to upon startup.

How do I end this endless "hickuping" of registry changes?

Thanks!
- Brian