Thread: S & D has hundreds of files "...queued..."

Question S & D has hundreds of files "...queued..."

Hi,
    Scan seemed completed but then before I could close program a window opened with banner "Spybot - Search & Destroy" and below that two columns. First column is list of hundreds, more probably thousands, of files. Second column comment turns from "...queued..." to "nothing found." Then scan proceeds to next file, and so on. Seems each file being scanned in about 15 seconds and progress bar at bottom has not moved from a 1/4 inch in four hours. What it is doing??? Can I simply close? No option to "cancel."
    Thanks, Ari
    Last edited by arielhol; 2013-08-04 at 06:03.

Hello.
    What it is doing???
    I have no earthly idea!

A search of this forum on "queued" showed up in logfiles about Spybot's distributed testing client.Is it at all possible you may have downloaded that somewhere along the line in your travels?

I don't imagine it would hurt to stop the scan,you can't leaving it running forever,whatever it is it may be doing.

I see you had some problems the other day,too:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ht=#post443851
    Were the problems found mostly red or green coloured?

Default Hundreds of files "queued"

Hi,
    Thanks so much for responding. To your last question first, they were all red I think. I just took a chance and terminated process.

This morning when I looked at the scan progress of this crazy list there were two blue notches in the progress line. They equal to about 1/2" on a line that is 4 1/2" long....

I took a screen shot of a message that it gave me late last night and emailed it to myself so I could see it and - don't you know - the darn copy of screen shot didn't make it through gmail!! That is totally odd since I had done that shortly before successfully regarding a separate issue. As I recall the message said to let it finish the scanning and then reboot and Spybot would then fix anything further... But so much has been transpiring as I try to clear that PC of viruses that my memory is probably off. I didn't try to remember it at the time because I thought I was covered by sending myself the screen shot.

My day is going to be full, so I will let it cook until tomorrow and will probably give up and close out the scan. My aim is to update and scan with not only Spybot but also Malwarebytes and SuperAntiVirus programs, as well as Microsoft Essentials, and then download Eset, remove Microsoft Essentials and install Eset. But seems I'm a bit away from that goal.

Again, your response appreciated.

Ari

You're welcome.
    But so much has been transpiring as I try to clear that PC of viruses....
    If you believe the pc to be badly infected,you might want to ask for help in Malware Removal.
    The "Before you Post" topic is here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ng-Assistance)
    And this is Malware Removal:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdispl...alware-Removal

Default S & D has hundreds of files "...queued..."

Thanks Zenobia.

You're welcome.