Hi OCD. Well, I tried everything. No luck with restore, safe mode, or the other user account. No Windows 8 tiles would open. So I "Refreshed my PC". Now things seem to work as before. Tiles open now, nothing seems out of place. I lost a lot, including my office 2010 software, spybot, chrome etc., but that is okay, I just bought office 2013, and the rest can be replaced. Here is a paraphrasing of what "Refresh your PC" told me.... "Here's what will happen: files and personalization settings won't be kept, PC settings will reset to default, Apps from windows store will be kept, Apps installed from discs or websites will be removed, A list of removed Apps will be saved on your desktop.

So I re-installed Chrome and Spybot, and installed my Office 2013 software. Everything seems okay. I did a scan with spybot and just got some browser cookies. I don't think I have any anti-virus software on here now, so any recommendations would be nice. I am limiting my browsing on here to make sure I don't do anything too stupid.

Oh, one last thing, I ran a windows update search, and it found 65 updates. It says I can't download them because I'm set for automatic updates and it will happen then. I disabled automatic updates, but still couldn't download them, so I re-enabled automatic updates then responded to this forum.

Can't thank you enough for the help,

Scofield.