Thread: Spybot and BitDefender together?

Default Spybot and BitDefender together?

I have searched but not found this discussed. BitDefender has information that they and SpyBot have a joint product. That would be welcome given the incompatibilities we have seen in the past. Any information on who is selling what and when.

I just moved from Norton to BitDefender and previously removed SpyBot because of conflicts. I would welcome both installed and playing nice.
    Last edited by alternety; 2013-08-05 at 02:06. Reason: Spelling

Hello alternety,

Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    I have searched but not found this discussed. BitDefender has information that they and SpyBot have a joint product. That would be welcome given the incompatibilities we have seen in the past. Any information on who is selling what and when.

I just moved from Norton to BitDefender and previously removed SpyBot because of conflicts. I would welcome both installed and playing nice.
    http://www.safer-networking.org/shop/ Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Does that mean that I can run Spybot from your site and the Win8 version of BitDefender on the same machine without them fighting over things? I have already purchased BitDefender.

Hello alternety,

Quote Originally Posted by alternety View Post
    Does that mean that I can run Spybot from your site and the Win8 version of BitDefender on the same machine without them fighting over things? I have already purchased BitDefender.
    Only one antivirus program should be resident, therefore if you've already purchased BitDefender and have it installed as a separate program the Spybot-Search & Destroy free version without the AV is the one you want.

Hope that helps.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016