Thread: Computer turns usb files to shortcuts

Exclamation Computer turns usb files to shortcuts

I just had this problem today. My laptop's OS is Windows 7 Starter (if that helps). Whenever I connect a USB to my laptop, all the files in it turn to shortcuts. I'm worried that this goes on. USBs are an important part in my job. The worse is other uninfected USBs get infected once they are connected to my laptop. What should I do?

Malware Team-Emeritus

Hi marionlmc

Please follow the guidelines outlined in this thread "BEFORE You POST"(Please read this Procedure Before Requesting Assistance) to run the necessary scans so I can begin to offer you assistance.
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days

Malware Team-Emeritus

This thread has been closed due to inactivity. If it has been three days or more since your last post it will not be re-opened.

If you still require help, please start a new topic and include fresh DDS and aswMBR logs, along with a link to your previous thread.

Please do not add any logs that might have been requested previously, you would be starting fresh.

Applies only to the original poster, anyone else with similar problems please start your own topic.
    OCD
    ----------
    Graduate of WTT Classroom
    Member of UNITE

Threads will be closed if no response after 5 days