Thread: This file is virus - fdPnpk.dll

Default This file is virus - fdPnpk.dll

Dear Anti-Virus company,
    I work in IT and just yesterday my computer was infected by a nasty virus. The virus was causing that constantly shut down Windows center security and it also shut down the Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried the tools to eliminate some of malicious software: adwcleaner.exe, ComboFix.exe, Spybot 2.1 Malwarebytes but the virus still lives.

When I run MSE, virus shut MSE off in 2 secs, so I tried the tool Process Explorer (Microsoft utility) and I revealed virus (see the screenshot). Unfortunately, the insidious virus was invisible until I did not allow "Show system files". File archivator WinRAR wasn"t able to archive that file and also there was no way to copy the file using CTRL + C and CTRL + V (access denied - look on screenshot in Czech language). So I downloaded Ubuntu LIVE CD where managed to archive virus in ZIP file without any problems. I hope that soon you will albe to detect this virus.
    Sincerely,
    Jan Hetych - Czech Republic
    screenshot-process-monitor.jpg
    screenshot-virus-cannot-be-copied(czech language).png
    screenshot-windows-folder.jpg
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-08-09 at 17:12. Reason: Removed zip

Hello Honzik1,

Infected Files. How To Submit. Please do not attach or link them here.

Quote Originally Posted by Honzik1 View Post
    Dear Anti-Virus company,
    I work in IT and just yesterday my computer was infected by a nasty virus. The virus was causing that constantly shut down Windows center security and it also shut down the Microsoft Security Essentials. I tried the tools to eliminate some of malicious software: adwcleaner.exe, ComboFix.exe, Spybot 2.1
    Spybot-Search & Destroy Business version? http://www.safer-networking.org/

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016