Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Red flagged Rpcnet And Access Denied to Enter It

Default Red flagged Rpcnet And Access Denied to Enter It

Firstly, thank you for creating this very serving product, it is truly helping .
    I did a rootkit scan today, but not understand how to read the result red flagged as "no admin in acl". When I click on Rpcnet, XP says access denied, but I have all options allowing access. I understand Cisco, but what is Rpcnet?

// info: Rootkit removal help file
    // copyright: (c) 2008-2013 Safer-Networking Ltd. All rights reserved.

:: RootAlyzer Results
    File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rpcnet"
    File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe.txt"
    File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_1.txt"
    File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_2.txt"
    File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_3.txt"
    File:"No admin in ACL","C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Cisco Systems\Cisco Connect\Log\logfile.CiscoConnect_exe_4.txt"

I have Cisco Linksys E2500 wireless router, so I understand the CiscoConnect, but not Rpcnet.
    Spybot's Folder Scanner is the ONLY program that I can see inside the folder. Here is the file.

Spybot - Search & Destroy
    File Scanner 2.1.18.135
    Log created at 8/24/2013 10:18:33 PM
    Results Copyright (c) 2009-2013 Safer-Networking Ltd.

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Rpcnet\Core\CM\Config\CMConfig.xml
    clean

I have a HP Laptop with XP, wireless connection.

Avast, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware say clean. But ONLY Avast and Spybot show files/memory inside it.

When I right-click properties, it says 0 files/0 folders, but there are files/folders/memory.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-08-25 at 07:25. Reason: Moved from Malware Removal

Hello firewalluser,

Quote Originally Posted by Yodama View Post
    In general all items found by the RootAlyzer are not necessarily malicious. The RootAlyzer shows items which it believes to be out of the ordinary and may give a hint for an infection.
    The RootAlyzer is an analyst tool, it is not a scan and fix tool like the System or File Scan.
    Quote Originally Posted by firewalluser View Post
    I have a HP Laptop with XP, wireless connection.
    Do you have Absolute Software's LoJack laptop anti-theft protection software installed?
    http://processes.glarysoft.com/rpcnet.exe/695/

How is the computer running in general?
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello firewalluser,

Do you have Absolute Software's LoJack laptop anti-theft protection software installed?
    http://processes.glarysoft.com/rpcnet.exe/695/

How is the computer running in general?
    No. And I not find "rpcnet.exe" on my computer. In Applications Data, I see many folders from uninstalled programs, including DRM. So, maybe LoJack was before installed, but not now.

My laptop is running strange. When I use Windows Firewall, the firewall will turn off/on for 2 seconds after I right-click "repair" for wireless connection to the Internet.

Any ideas why that is?

Avast, MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware, say clean.

No. And I not find "rpcnet.exe" on my computer. In Applications Data, I see many folders from uninstalled programs, including DRM. So, maybe LoJack was before installed, but not now.

My laptop is running strange. When I use Windows Firewall, the firewall will turn off/on for 2 seconds after I right-click "repair" for wireless connection to the Internet.

Any ideas why that is?

Avast, MBAM, SuperAntiSpyware, say clean.
    About the firewall issue, could it be because of some firewalls needing to be off when DNS?

So, maybe LoJack was before installed, but not now.
    Was the laptop new when you took ownership?

Any ideas why that is?
    About the firewall issue, could it be because of some firewalls needing to be off when DNS?
    Sorry but I don't understand the question.

Best regards.

Was the laptop new when you took ownership?
    Originally Posted by firewalluser

Any ideas why that is?
    Originally Posted by firewalluser
    Sorry but I don't understand the question.

Best regards.
    1...Not personally, it was family's laptop at our home, but after my Dell desktop broke, I have to use it for work.

2...I have done every scan about the firewall turning off/on when reconnecting to Internet, so trying to think why it happening.

Hello firewalluser,

1...Not personally, it was family's laptop at our home, but after my Dell desktop broke, I have to use it for work.
    Perhaps the laptop had anti-theft protection software installed when it was first purchased leaving Rpcnet entries in the registry.

2...I have done every scan about the firewall turning off/on when reconnecting to Internet, so trying to think why it happening.
    Would you like to be referred to a free help tech site where someone can help troubleshoot?

Best regards.

Hello firewalluser,

Perhaps the laptop had anti-theft protection software installed when it was first purchased leaving Rpcnet entries in the registry.

Would you like to be referred to a free help tech site where someone can help troubleshoot?

Best regards.
    Yes, please refer me. Thank you, for everything.

Hi there,

What The Tech forums, there are a few sub-forums that might be pertinent but this one would probably be the best place to start a topic: Notebooks

Please provide them with a link back to this topic so things are in perspective.

Hope that helps.