Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Incredibar Hijacked

Emeritus

If you have run the incredimail toolbar uninstaller from the add/remove programs panel, reset your home page and default search provider (since both were changed during the install) used Adwcleaner than this should be good enough. Spybot may be finding leftover traces of it but they are harmless.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Default Still Hijacked Bad Maleware

I have ran AWDCleaner, it gets most functions back but only temporarily. I think maybe you are not understanding me, no disrespect intended. I will try to attach screen shots from Spybot so you realize I have a serious problem. Thank you very much.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Emeritus

I saw the screenshots, in one there some items present, in the next there cleaned other than the error.
    So a question? Problem one is the error Spybot reports?

A question? Problem two is this:
    my incredimail wont send or receive and my internet explorer keeps stopping and reloads page and stops again
    Adware fixes this temporarily:

it gets most functions back but only temporarily
    If you havent tried yet, completely disable Spybot (which may require a reboot) if its running then run Adwcleaner like this:

Right click on AdwCleaner.exe, and select "run as admin"
    Click on Search.
    A logfile will automatically open after the scan has finished
    Close AdwCleaner with the X button. Click OK at the prompt to exit Adwcleaner
    Copy and paste the contents of the log in your next reply.
    You can also find the logfile at C:\AdwCleaner[R1].txt [R2].txt etc. A log is stored after each run
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    You can also download the free version of malwarebytes to use as another anti-malware app:

Please download the free version of Malwarebytes to your desktop.

Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program.

Be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.

If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.

Once the program has loaded, select Perform FULL SCAN, then click Scan.
    When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.

Be sure that everything is checked, and click *Remove Selected.*

*A restart of your computer may be required to remove some items. If prompted please restart your computer to complete the fix.*

When completed, a log will open in Notepad. Please save it to a convenient location. The log can also be opened by going to Start > All Programs > Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware > Logs > log-date.txt
    Post the log in your next reply.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?