Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Incredibar Hijacked

Default Incredibar Hijacked

I am running windows8 64bit HP cant run registry program I think my wife has asus notepad with win 7would have to look tomorrow, she is very protective with it. I think she has incredimail installed, if our emailing back and forth will spread this then she must have it too, I could only afford to pay for 1 pc right now with spybot anti-virus, sorry.

Emeritus

hi rocketman2,

Sorry for the delay. If you still need help simply reply back.
    How Can I Reduce My Risk?

Default Incredibar hijacked yes I need help

I have this and don't know what to do, Thank you

Default reply

Quote Originally Posted by shelf life View Post
    hi rocketman2,

Sorry for the delay. If you still need help simply reply back.
    Hope I did this right

Emeritus

You did it right. You are referring to the incredibar toolbar that your seeing in your browser? If you look in the add/remove programs panel you should see Incredibar listed. You can uninstall it from there if you havent already.

Default Incredibar already deleted

I have already deleted Incredibar a couple of weeks ago, since deleting my incredimail wont send or receive and my internet explorer keeps stopping and reloads page and stops again. It is a real pain to use and PC is 1 month old

Emeritus

Removing the incredimail toolbar shouldnt have any effect on the email client. For internet explorer you can try setting it back to its defaults. With IE open tools>internet options>advanced tab>reset. May be slightly different in W8

Your running windows 8, I found this on there web site:

"At the moment only the IncrediMail 2.5 version is compatible with Windows 8.

Please note that IncrediMail 2.5 is a beta version so there are still some issues."

source: http://support.incredimail.com/home

A different email client may be a better option in more ways than one.

Default Windows 8 Incredibar HijakersC

I got impatient when I couldn't use internet without it stopping and restarting constantly or email send or receive and had someone want something I'm selling on craigslist only to find I was getting my own out mail in my in box. My home page keeps changing to blank.com This morning I started reading all posts looking for someone with a similar pc and problem, the first 2 things I downloaded worked but it had a 3rd download and my spybot I paid for poped up even though the program told me to disable all anti virus temporarily to avoid a conflick, well the third 1 got me again but spybot cleaned up most of it. now my internet is working and I already have 2.5 on incredimail which I paid a sub for. It is now working again after what I did this morning. My internet explorer is infected with incredibar hijackersC spybot now shows 3 instead of 7 in scanning and shows a red x. Sorry I did not wait but I need my pc Im a disabled vet and need for my healthy vet access my meds and appointments. I have been waiting for quite awhile and do appreciate any help. I ran adwcleaner and JRT and now wish I had stopped there. As I already did this 1x and it restored most of my functions, at least now I can use this pc, I am going to run them 1 more time just not the 3rd 1 which I deleted. I will inform you of my results. I did not try to run erunt as my operating system is not listed, win 8 PC is 1 .5 months old Thank you very much and I am sure I will still need you. I got infected from Cnet codec download even though I unchecked all add ons.

Emeritus

My home page keeps changing to blank.com
    did you go to the web page that you want to use as your "start" page, open IE: tools, click "use current" then click: "apply", "ok".
    Its probably set to blank. Incredimail install also resets your home page during the install as well as adding the toolbar in IE.

Default Spybot 2.1 says it cannot repair 7 Incredibar HijackersC

I still have this problem although now I can use email and internet explorer isn't freezing at the moment but spybot scan says it cannot remove. I have the anti-virus version also I used ADWcleaner, it helped the most, this time though JRT froze at checking registry and sat there for 2.5 hours, so I closed it and updated spybot, immunized 233 more entries and am rescanning