Thread: Immunization Incomplete

Default Immunization Incomplete

I have been using spybot for many years now with no problems. I have an older computer that I only run every once in a while but try to run the scans and get the updates at least every other month. That machine is running windows xp and I did the updates the other day and then went to run spybot this morning. I got the updates and then clicked to immunize and then to immunize again and I keep getting a screen telling me that "Immunization Incomplete" The immunization is incomplete. There are 46663 items still unprotected. There might be various reasons for this. Other security software (like AVG or Zone Alarm) on your computer might not look close enough at the immunization changes and mistake them for malware instead of malware protection, blocking them. The help information section has more on this issue.

However, I cannot find any information in the help section and I have even tried disabling my anti-virus (Avast) to run the program (something I have never had to do before) but I keep getting the same box at the end of the immunization. The files that are not being protected and were up until this current update are the top 4 which are my initials followed by (default) (Cookies); (default)(Images); (defualt)(Installations); (default)(popups).

Any suggestions as to why this is happening and how to fix it? The firewall program is Comodo and I have the same anti-virus and firewall on my primary machine (running Vista Home Premium) and I am not getting this message when I run spybot on that computer.

Hello lisar,

Which version of Spybot do you have?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016