Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Windows 8.1 (RTM) Non install whatsoever

Quote Originally Posted by NUTTER123 View Post
    I am able to install now that's not a issue
    Ok, good. Thank you for the clarification.

but the image skout posted? When I try to start (even after I installed the patch) the program still gives me that message about compatibility so in effect it's still unusuable. It installs fine but can't use it basically even after patch installed
    Even with our patch, Spybot's Start Center will still be blocked, but you should be able to access Spybot through the Start menu/screen or Spybot's Tray Icon.

daemon

Quote Originally Posted by daemon View Post
    Ok, good. Thank you for the clarification.

Even with our patch, Spybot's Start Center will still be blocked, but you should be able to access Spybot through the Start menu/screen or Spybot's Tray Icon.

daemon

That is correct. Start Center doesn't work at all, but through the Tray Icon I can perform tasks as per usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Skowt View Post
    That is correct. Start Center doesn't work at all, but through the Tray Icon I can perform tasks as per usual.
    Thank you for the confirmation!

daemon

Default Why does the windows 8.1 RTM patch executable say it's for windows 8.1 preview?

Downloaded the spybot21-win81rtm-patch.exe using the "for windows 8.1 RTM patch" link from the Widows 8.1 Patch for Spybot 2.1 page on the safer networking org site. When I executed the exe, the screens said that patch was for the Windows 8.1 preview version. Running it did not solve the problem. Is this a bad link or mix-up in the patch executables?
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-09-15 at 01:44. Reason: Merged topics

The text within the patch installer was simply not updated. That one works for preview and RTM.

We're still communicating with Microsoft. Seems two different departments at MS have or had contradicting requirements, as soon as we've received feedback which one is right, we'll see if we can make it easier by releasing a new installer.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Default ETA for Start Center Operational on Windows 8.1?

When do you expect to have a fix/patch/new installer that will allow Start Center to run under Windows 8.1? I have a 14 machine Corporate Edition license and windows 8.1 RTM from MSDN. I've upgraded 1 of my machines, but am reluctant to do the other 13 until this gets resolved. Please give any info you can so I can schedule the remaining upgrades. Thanks - Bob Dukes

Hello bobdukes,
    Quote Originally Posted by bobdukes View Post
    When do you expect to have a fix/patch/new installer that will allow Start Center to run under Windows 8.1? I have a 14 machine Corporate Edition license and windows 8.1 RTM from MSDN. I've upgraded 1 of my machines, but am reluctant to do the other 13 until this gets resolved. Please give any info you can so I can schedule the remaining upgrades. Thanks - Bob Dukes
    The team is working to release a Spybot version which fixes the compatibility issue with 8.1 before the General Availability of Windows 8.1

Best regards, tashi
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016