Thread: Can't remove malware c from system scan

Default Can't remove malware c from system scan

Hi I've been searching for a way to remove malware c within the spybot forums. Have not found a solution so i'm assuming malware c is an abbreviation of some kind. I'm not sure where I should go from here. But Spybot version 2 is not cleaning my system after a scan, because of this malware c thing. Can anyone help me out there.

New member - Orssi

Hello orssi,

To request assistance in this Malware Removal Forum the FAQ includes guidelines in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

You'd need to start a new topic but first, which version of Spybot do you have and did you elevate administrator permissions so that Spybot could attempt to clean?

How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default I've moved on from malware c

Hi Trisha thanks for the welcome. Firstly, I chose that avatar not realizing it represents a younger member. I hope to soon change it when I’ve figured out how. As I'm a fully fledged adult and don’t need administrators permissions on my own pc.

Next the malware c turned out to be a montera toolbar only discovered when I became familiar with and clicked the Spybot S&D interface. On perusing through the home website forums malware section finding the appropriate section for montera toolbar removal, then following the instructions to remove it, of which I only found the first two keys to delete, the other 7 key suggestions I could not find after spending hours and hours on it utilizing rootkit, regalyzer, and rootalyzer. Was not able to use total commander etc, to techy for me.

Then went into my vista control panel and deleted any recent programs and recent codec’s that I had not long installed. After downloading the new 2.1 and running Spybot again, it was free of montera uncovering a delta toolbar with many pop ups only in chrome. My other two browsers not affected.
    I will start a new topic clicking on your link Trisha once you’ve answered this post. What are these I have to supply in layman’s terms please; DDS and aswMBR logs?

Regards

Hello orssi,

Quote Originally Posted by orssi View Post
    As I'm a fully fledged adult and don’t need administrators permissions on my own pc.
    There appears to be some misunderstanding.
    Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    which version of Spybot do you have and did you elevate administrator permissions so that Spybot could attempt to clean?
    How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?
    Quote Originally Posted by orssi View Post
    I will start a new topic clicking on your link Trisha once you’ve answered this post. What are these I have to supply in layman’s terms please; DDS and aswMBR logs?

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    To request assistance in this Malware Removal Forum the FAQ includes guidelines in post #1 and instructions in post #2 on how to provide the preliminary DDS and aswMBR logs used for analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288
    The link is to the FAQ for this forum and post #2 in that topic contains instructions on how to provide the logs.

Does that help?

Smile Delta toolbar removal

Yes, thanks Trisha

Smile

Hi Trisha
    I thought I already had elevated spybot S&D 2.1 to administrator privileges. I hadn't , but have now and run a full scan and cleaned. Delta toolbar still remains.Trusteer rapport is now supporting chrome, I feel a bit safer now it sits in my chrome toolbar. will run your suggestions soon as doing other things that take time.

Regards