Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: No new/updated immunizations since 7/31/2013?

Question No new/updated immunizations since 7/31/2013?

Hello.

I noticed there haven't been any updated/new immunizations since 7/31/2013 in SpyBot v1.6.2 installations. What's up with that?

Thank you in advance.

I was just going to ask the same thing
    I'm showing 188822 in total protected

Cool plateau?

Possibly a 'plateau' for immunizations (for SSD 1.6.2) since 2013-07-31. My total count differs a bit (due to various browsers) but has been holding steady since then at 222,082.

As long as the botcheck count varies for the scan, I'm quite pleased at the continued update-support for 1.6.2

Question

Can someone from Safer Networking please confirm, do we have to update from version 1.6.2 to continue getting immunization updates?

If so, I think it's pretty lame that no notification was given to 1.6.2 users that immunization updates would cease for them. Not user friendly.

There have not been any updates for immunization lately. Version 1.6 is still fully supported, all updates work for version 1.6 as well as for version 2.x. We will update immunization as soon as there is a detection rule for this. Thank you.
    (m/f)

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    There have not been any updates for immunization lately. Version 1.6 is still fully supported, all updates work for version 1.6 as well as for version 2.x. We will update immunization as soon as there is a detection rule for this. Thank you.
    Thanks.

Default Immunize count

My immunize count is 31,133 after updating the program to the latest version 2.1. The only reason I have a concern is that others are reporting much higher numbers. I am running Win XP with the latest updates and using Chrome browser.....would that make a difference? Spybot shows internet protection at "full" and everything is up-to-date. Do I have reason to be concerned?

Many thanks to all,
    Roland

Quote Originally Posted by heirloom View Post
    My immunize count is 31,133 after updating the program to the latest version 2.1. The only reason I have a concern is that others are reporting much higher numbers. I am running Win XP with the latest updates and using Chrome browser.....would that make a difference? Spybot shows internet protection at "full" and everything is up-to-date. Do I have reason to be concerned?

Many thanks to all,
    Roland
    I think the number affects based on hosts file, Windows accounts, web browsers, etc. I think the calculation is based on those.

Post For what it's worth...

As I noted in another thread, for reasons unknown about a month ago my Update function in v 1.6.2 simply quit working.

Tonight I uninstalled 1.6.2 and installed 2.1.21, updated, and ran the scan. All went smoothly.

Quote Originally Posted by dumee View Post
    As I noted in another thread, for reasons unknown about a month ago my Update function in v 1.6.2 simply quit working.

Tonight I uninstalled 1.6.2 and installed 2.1.21, updated, and ran the scan. All went smoothly.

Hey dumee,
    So, after updating, how many immunize items do you have? I do use the HOST file with HOSTSXPERT, as someone else mentioned, maybe this has an impact on the total??? My total of 31,133 has not changed since updating to Ver. 2.1 some time ago.
    Last edited by heirloom; 2013-10-07 at 01:09.