Thread: antivirus update error

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default antivirus update error

Hi, I am a "professional" user of version 2.1 and have had a problem I have ignored for a long time (ever since I first bought 2.0).

Whenever I update, the antispyware update completes perfectly but the antivirus update ALWAYS ends by saying "an error occured during antivirus updates!" with the following text:

[00:23.945] [i] Updating Plugins/emalware.360...
    [00:24.125] [-] Failed to download updated Spybot 2 antivirus signatures!
    [00:24.127] [-] The antivirus update failed to download files!

I am not using a proxy and have windows firewall disabled.

Default Is our av update server contactable?

Thanks for reporting this issue. This is a bug. We will investigate the issue. Are you able to reach http://av.safer-networking.org or to ping av.safer-networking.org from your PC? Maybe something is interfering with our av update servers.

Kind regards,
    Roberto.
    Please help us improving Spybot and download our distributed testing client.

Default I reach an Index of/ file

Quote Originally Posted by roberto View Post
    Thanks for reporting this issue. This is a bug. We will investigate the issue. Are you able to reach http://av.safer-networking.org or to ping av.safer-networking.org from your PC? Maybe something is interfering with our av update servers.

Kind regards,
    Roberto.
    This what reach when I go to http://av.safer-networking.org/
    Index of /
    [ICO] Name Last modified Size Description
    [DIR] avb/ 18-May-2014 00:00 -

Fred Ahne

Quote Originally Posted by fahne View Post
    This what reach when I go to http://av.safer-networking.org/
    Index of /
    [ICO] Name Last modified Size Description
    [DIR] avb/ 18-May-2014 00:00 -

Fred Ahne
    Hi, I'm having the same problem - I can also access that URL and get the same result.

spybot.PNG

Fix!

Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe is in there.If it is,doubleclick it and follow the prompts.

Regards
    Mark

Default How to turn off AV protection.

I want OINLY the anti malware and spyware portion of this product. I already run AVG and am very satisfied with it. Just tell me how to disable the anti virus protection on this product. Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Juglugs View Post
    Fix!

Please go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe is in there.If it is,doubleclick it and follow the prompts.

Regards
    Mark
    When I do this, it starts the installation of the virus updates (0.2 mb or something like that) and then it immediately closes out.

Default No fix

Quote Originally Posted by Juglugs View Post
    Fix!

Regards
    Mark
    I have this issue, and it is followed by no option to scan afterwards... (which is kinda the whole point of me downloading and paying for this software right?) when i searched for C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy 2 and see if spybotsd2-install-bdcore-update.exe it did not exist.

I'm annoyed this software has not worded. I do not want to be hanging around waiting for fixes and trying this, that and the other and will soon try to get a refund. I'm only using win 7 because flash player updates dont work in my ubuntu partition anymore.. and this software reminds me of why I (originally a technophobe) went over the linux in the first place!