Thread: And when you are frightened of a game and facebook hacker ?

Lightbulb And when you are frightened of a game and facebook hacker ?

Hello, I have a Paypal issue and was threatened to close it. It was because a friend got his Facebook hacked by someone pretending to be him, who asked me my Paypal codes. I don't know if threaten comes from game that don't want Paypal to investigate or from the hacker itself that don't want Paypal to investigate, since Paypal has refund me and accepted case. But if I close case, thief won't be found. Threaten was that if I don't close case I won't be able to login game. But I have not tried and will not. And worse, tense was in past as if it had already bugged my login that was working, so maybe hacker mistake of game player to brake.

I'm mostly a Linux user, that's why no issues yet. But still I was afraid for a friend who I pilot who game went too slow and got hole pc not responding. Today I am on Windows. I don't intend to read my e-mails neither play game until case if finished and thief caught. I don't know if I'm wrong or right ? Should I obey to threatenings from either game with no clear financial or either from hacker who don't want Paypal to investigate ?

What does Paypal investigates ? Is it who was the thief ? Or is it what kind of financial is going on with game ? Or is is customer support in case of trouble ? I don't know at all what Paypal investigates ?

Is it safe for me and my friend not to close case ? Or should we close case and give back the 60 dollars ? I don't know if I should behave like someone in front of someone with a knife or like someone in front of a mind and identity manipulator ? And how should I react to that ? No idea.

Now I have just new Windows 10, am I safe ? Is there anything my friend who surely have Windows should do with his PC ? I use double boot Linux and Windows, mostly on Windows, first I had bought Pro version of Spybot and second I had bought Home version of Spybot wich I have now (because I'm not that rich). Is there anything I can do with it to be safer ? Is there a way I can offer my friend without letting him use my Paypal, Spybot Home version ? Should I put a second anti-virus other then the one in non free Home version ?

Please give me light.
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-10-12 at 20:40. Reason: Moved from the Tavern

Exclamation ...Payment Paranoia...

G'day ParaNoobieNoids.
    Step 1. Unsubscribe from Facebook.
    Step 2. Unsubscribe from PayPal.
    Done + Fixed!!!
    Continue what you were doing.
    Have Fun m8, Peace :)

Team Spybot S+D and Safer-Networking are Legends. I finally got my Laptop Fan + Hard drive to stop constantly staying on from using Spybot S+D :)
    EVERY + ALL OTHER software I tried COULD NOT fix my Laptop.
    Everyone complains, but nobody bothered to say THANK YOU S-N!!! :)
    Last edited by tashi; 2015-10-12 at 21:32. Reason: Removed email address to avoid spambots picking it up. :-)
    painful.paul

Hello waterreedshimmer,

If you need help with your own computer please start a topic in the Malware Removal Forum so a volunteer analyst can take a look at the system and advise.

First see that forum's FAQ which also includes instructions in post #2 on how to provide the logs from Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and aswMBR, which are the logs used in the preliminary analysis.

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Quote Originally Posted by waterreedshimmer View Post
    Is there anything my friend who surely have Windows should do with his PC ? I use double boot Linux and Windows, mostly on Windows, first I had bought Pro version of Spybot and second I had bought Home version of Spybot wich I have now (because I'm not that rich). Is there anything I can do with it to be safer ? Is there a way I can offer my friend without letting him use my Paypal, Spybot Home version ?
    Your friend would need to start his own topic. Please don't allow anyone to use your PayPal or paid edition of a software program.

Quote Originally Posted by waterreedshimmer View Post
    Should I put a second anti-virus other then the one in non free Home version ?
    Rule of thumb is one firewall and one anti virus program resident to avoid conflicts, loss of program efficiency and system lock up due to both software products attempting to access the same file at the same time.

More is not always better. Usually one can have several anti spyware type programs installed without issue, although one may decide to choose one resident real time protection.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Thanks =)
    Offered friend a Spybot too, hope he finds his way.
    Now I stop sharing my Paypal, and told all my friends they must create one even if they don't understand it.
    I was more afraid that game itself hacked me because they had told me they had close my account because I created a Paypal issue. Although it's weird because it's Paypal insurance and not game that gave me money back so that I could pay what I ought to my friend. So it's weird because game did not loose nothing, it just refused to tell who was thief. Friend created a Paypal for himself, he already had one account, but like most of the people who don't understand Paypal, it was linked to a mail that he didn't have access to. I think game closed an account but wrong one, not one of someone that I know neither mine.
    And as soon as I can, I stop sharing the money I haven't got with unknown internet game friends. I have other interests in life.
    Thanks for support.
    Yes, Facebook and Paypal is hell. The problem of actual internet it's that even if I stop sharing my Paypal, people will go on sharing their Facebook and their Paypal with unknown friends, because sharing internet content that one like is not what people need. So they must evolve the security to allow private sharing of private content with unknown people in a secure way. Otherwise it's impossible to play any internet game.
    Off I go, thanks =)