Thread: Scan running time

Default Scan running time

I didn't know where to ask this so here it goes. Since I installed the latest spybot 2.1 I notice the scan runs a long, long time. It varies but the last one was 2 hours and 11 minutes. Sometimes it runs all night. I know the computer screen goes off to save power but the scan is still running as far as I know. The old spybot only ran a couple of minutes. What is the difference and does this sound normal? The newer spybot does seem to find more junk and gets rid of it so that is good.

This is the second time I have downloaded the spybot 2.1 so it consistently has this long scan time.

Thanks if you can help.

DariaJane

Two hours and eleven minutes isn't too bad of a scan time.Running overnight is quite a long time,though.
    The newer version is probably scanning for tracks,that might add onto the scan time a little:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    If you'd prefer not to scan for usage tracks,you can open the Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,doubleclick Settings,say Yes to the UAC prompt,then click the categories tab,rightclick somewhere in the window,and select Spyware scan only.

Default Scan Time

okay, but what about when it scans for over 1200 minutes? Seems to me there is something wrong, like caught in a loop or something. Thankyou.

Did you let the scan run,and it took that long,or is that the estimated time?
    Lykele had a longer scan time estimated also and tried letting it run,and the scan completed quicker than expected:
    https://forums.spybot.info/showthrea...l=1#post458507
    If it is the estimated scan time,you could try letting it run and see if Spybot completes the scan faster,too.