Thread: Can't update definitions through a proxy

Default Can't update definitions through a proxy

The business I work at recently purchased several corporate licenses of Spybot 2.1, and thusfar I have been unable to get the definitions to update through a proxy. The only settings I can find that pertain to a proxy are for the browser protection which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the definition updates. Even if I enable the proxy in the browser protection and then connect the computer to a network that doesn't require a proxy it still updates anyway. Any way to make this version update definitions through a proxy? The prior version we had before worked fine for updating through the proxy. The old version was the Service edition.

I was able to get it to work by editing the registry after booting to the disc, there was an option under HKLM\Software\Spybot(whatever the key was called) for UseProxy, which was set to 0. Setting that to 1 would cause the application to use the proxy. I saw no way to enable that through the settings menu or any other option(including the proxy tab). The proxy tab does correctly set the server/port/username + password however.