Thread: Administrator Privilages

Default Administrator Privilages

Hi guys,

This is my first time here. I did enter " administrator" in the FAQ section but it returned nothing in my area.

I am getting a message from the program that, effectively, I cannot do something because I am not the "administrator". I am sorry, but every program I have from the Windows OS down knows that I AM the admin and the only user of this computer (Yes, All off the admin rights have been set in the OS).

Why am I getting this message and why is it telling me that I cannot do some things?

Again, apologies if this has been posted before, but I did do a search of the FAQ that showed no results. Thanks in advance for your assistance and best wishes to all.

Shaun 45 :thumbsup:
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-10-21 at 17:11. Reason: Moved from the malware forum's "waiting room" ;-)

Hello shaun45,

"On Windows Vista and Windows 7, Spybot - Search & Destroy might tell you that you are not authorized to perform some actions, since they require Administrator rights. You can solve this problem as follows:"

Please see this topic: How can I get administrator rights under Windows Vista / Windows 7 / Windows 8?

Hope that helps.

Best regards,
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016