Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Reports of Spybot Search & Destroy 2.2 are clean and no virus?

The Spybot scan looks to just be tracks.

For the rootkit scan,please see here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ally-rootkits/
    If you have any questions about anything found,you can ask about them here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/forumdispl...?46-RootAlyzer

When I chose the option System Scan and I found all these "threats" or whatever you call it, will given the option Fix Selected, I have done well? ME WILL NOT DELETE ANYTHING COMPUTER? ALL IMPORTANT?

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...766#post446766
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-11-10 at 01:40. Reason: Added link to third topic

The things found in your Spybot scan appear to be usage tracks,which are not a threat:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    When you pressed Fix Selected,the things removed by Spybot should not have caused harm to your computer.
    Spybot also backs up what it fixes into quarantine,just in case anything goes wrong,and can be recovered.

You seem worried about what Spybot found and a little hesitant about pressing Fix Selected.Plus I think we're having a bit of a communication problem,yes?
    You could set Spybot not to scan for usage tracks if you would prefer.There would be less things found after a scan,and that would be less stressful for you,I think.
    If you'd like to try that,please open Spybot-S&D Start Center,check mark Advanced Mode.
    Click Settings.If you get a prompt from UAC,click Yes.
    Click the Categories tab.
    Somewhere in the white window shown there,please right click with you mouse,and select "Spyware scan only."
    Please click the Apply button,and then the Ok button.That will close the Settings window,and you can exit Spybot.

So I have not deleted anything important on your computer? anything at all?

Nope,not from the looks of things.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled Spybot Search & Destroy and deleted everything I had found when you place an analysis on System scan that was in the cuerentana, I have not thought before the quarantine had when I uninstalled the program and look ... there will not erase anything on your computer? something important?

The quarantine folder isn't removed when you uninstall Spybot unless you remove it yourself.
    translated(Sorry,I know translate tools don't always work the best.):
    La carpeta de cuarentena no es eliminada cuando se desinstala Spybot a menos que se elimine usted mismo.

But I deleted all traces of files that had spybot on my computer even the quarantine folder. But answer me something happens for eliminating the quarantine folder? Habre erased some of the computer? something important?

If you deleted the quarantine folder,any backups made by Spybot were deleted along with it.
    If Spybot had removed something before by mistake(a false positive),then it is possible something that belongs on your computer would be removed.But that doesn't happen often.
    But if Spybot only removed tracks and spyware and placed them as backups into your quarantine folder,then only those would be removed from your computer when you removed the quarantine folder,so there should be no harm.

Usage tracks