Thread: Application Failed to Initialize Properly

Unhappy Application Failed to Initialize Properly

I recently upgraded SpyBot and now I get the following pop-up error message:

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0000142). Click on OK to terminate the applicaion."

If I click on OK, nothing happens. If I repboot, the error message comes back up.

It appears to be a SpyBot type of error but I can't fine out (yet) how to fix it.

Any suggestions?

-Ron

When are you getting that message?Only when you attempt to start Spybot?
    Or does it happen at other times,too?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    When are you getting that message?Only when you attempt to start Spybot?
    Or does it happen at other times,too?
    Each time that I turn my PC on. I guess the boot-up is looking or trying to do something and the message popw up.

Ok,up above the red X when that error message comes up,there should be a coloured bar across the top(most likely some shade of blue),and in that it should list whatever it is causing the trouble,followed by - Application Error.What does it say right before it says Application Error?
    I linked to a page with a similar error message,since it's kind of hard to explain in words,and have it make sense.
    http://img148.imageshack.us/img148/2...sserror7rg.jpg

Hi Zenbia,

I sent you an email with an image of the message. I don't seem to be able to past the imagen here, in this thrade.

The message line is: X The application failed to initialize properly (oxcoooo142). Click on OK to terminate the application.............. Nothing happens if I click on OK or click on the X

-Ron

I didn't receive anything by pm,so I couldn't view the image.
    The message line is: X The application failed to initialize properly (oxcoooo142). Click on OK to terminate the application.............. Nothing happens if I click on OK or click on the X
    Is there anything written above that,in the title bar of the error message?That would let you know where the application error is coming from.
    It could be obscure.....such as Windows - Application error.
    Or more specific,something along the lines of Regedit.exe - Application Error,like shown in this link:
    http://john.bryntze.net/jbkb/images/...ationError.png