Thread: New spybotter seeks solace - or a Samaritan

Default New spybotter seeks solace - or a Samaritan

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this. 1st time ever buying security software (last Friday). 1st time participating on a forum thingy. Many questions -I'm using XP Pro by the way - WHY DOES Spybot continually scan everything every time I click anything? E.G. constant scanning of RealPlay.exe? The Spybot installation (seems to have) mightily slowed things down.

Default Utter frustration sorry to say

Further to the previous post - now that I am on this Spybot forum I am not just plagued with untold popups but also whole unasked-for webpages cover the threads I'm trying to access. Sites with names like blinxxVideo, FoxSports, softdownloads, lipixeltrack, Take2Game, etc,etc,. Are these familiar to anyone?
    I am now at the stage where I regret paying for Spybot - feeling foolish for trusting it.
    I have tried private-mssaging a moderator, and will force myself to be patient for another 24 hours - but then I really must uninstall and move on. Does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can stop these maddening popups and speed things back up?

Default Advanced User Mode

What a discovery. Ther's a lightswitch logo called SETTINGS. Ha.
    Messed about with the scheduler, etc, and will see how the machine behaves tommorrow.
    As I write, still getting popups galore and freezing happening.
    I will sleep on it and try again.
    Is it ominous that I can't find Safe-Networking Ltd in the Irish Companies Registration Office?

Hello AlmightyDog,

Which version of Spybot do you have?
    Quote Originally Posted by AlmightyDog View Post
    Is it ominous that I can't find Safe-Networking Ltd in the Irish Companies Registration Office?
    The correct spelling is Safer-Networking Limited

I have tried private-mssaging a moderator,
    Please provide details regarding the computer issues you experienced, as indicated in your PM, before the software was installed.

Hi everyone, I'm brand new to this. 1st time ever buying security software (last Friday).
    Did you have any security programs installed previously?

Best regards.
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-11-01 at 05:57. Reason: Clarify
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016