Quote Originally Posted by WhereIsMyMindAt View Post

-----------AS A SIDE BAR. YOU DO REALIZE THE IPAD DOES NOT EVEN COME WITH A MANUAL--THERE IS NO "JUNK" TO READ TO SET IT UP--INTUATIVE OUT THE BOX. A 5-YEAR OLD CAN LEARN IN 4-MINUTES.
The Net Sum to all this is, nobody cares/motivated to update as is proof that desktop becoming more irrelevant.
Quite a rant.

I concur with the first statement quoted, ever since Star Trek : Next Generation and Wesley Crusher, with his ever present padd, the simpletons have wanted the same and have got it now, a no-training needed interface.

Yet I disagree with the latter as there are a dedicated core out there, like myself, that delight in "rolling-their-own" both gamers and those needing to get real work done or as an extension to the Home Theatre experience. Since a HTPC can be more flexible and offer better storage options than set-top box DVRs. In other forums I've joined threads of Win7 users who will not go to 8 or higher if M$ doesn't go back to a true desktop. In other forums I've ditto'd comments about not wanting to haul a laptop/notebook or pad around with me all day, and yet I diverge because wearable technology, like Samsung's smart watch [and I'm waiting for competition to Google glasses] since it means not having to lug one or more sacks on my back, is an approach I like, especially for my work in Security.