Thread: Firefox cannot access Internet?

Default Firefox cannot access Internet?

I purchased the Pro version of Spybot after using the free version for a long time. After downloading the Pro version Firefox cannot access the Internet, It appears blocked. IE 10 is OK. How do I correct this?
    Thank You
    Last edited by Flbeachlover; 2013-11-10 at 00:18. Reason: Spelling error

I'm not exactly sure what might be causing that.Would you happen to be using Spybot's proxy?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    I'm not exactly sure what might be causing that.Would you happen to be using Spybot's proxy?
    I'm not sure how to check? I used the install settings spybot recommended.

You probably aren't using Spybot proxy if you used the install settings recommended,then,since the spybot proxy is off by default.But to check you could open the start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Update,click configure proxy,then make sure the Use Spybot proxy isn't checkmarked.

You could check Live Protection,too.This is from the Spybot help file:
    Live Protection
    A user is able to install the Live Protection here and to select the type of monitoring. Additionally there are options for allowed, blocked or quarantined files.
    And also:
    Monitors every created/running process and scans each process. Blocks malicious processes before they start.

To change the behaviour of the Life Protection select in SDSettings the 'Live Protection' tab and click on the link 'Show Live Protection advanced controls'. The two buttons now shown allow to change the behaviour of the Live Protection depending on its current status. Please keep in mind that some changes make a reboot necessary to complete. In that case a dialog will inform you.
    If you checked that the proxy isn't on,it opens Settings,so while you're in there already you could click the Live Protection tab and check to see that Firefox isn't blocked in there.