Thread: Babylon Office Add In

Default Babylon Office Add In

I have tried every tip I have found online to get rid of this stupid thing and it just will not go away.

I downloaded Babylon translator for a project I was working on. It didn't even do what I wanted. Now, my office right click spell checker does not work, as I only get "Enhanced by Babylon" responses (which are often wrong by the way).

I have deleted Babylon. I have gone to File/Options/Add-ins. There is no Babylon Add-in Listed. I have done a computer search for anything related to Babylon. It does not exist. I have gone to MSOffice Startup...the file is empty.

I downloaded SpyHunter 4 at the suggestion of another site. It ran a three hour scan, and found lots of Babylon files. When I went to remove them, it informed me I had to have the "full" version to remove it. I tried to see what the full version would cost by clicking register now, and could not register as the page refused to load.

I ran SuperAntiSpyware...it found no Babylon files. Yet this stupid thing is STILL in my Office program. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

I miss the old C: Prompt where I could go, find the file and zap it...maneuvering through windows sucks.....

Hello Kwenbee,

When requesting assistance in the Malware Removal Forum please see the FAQ: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread.php?t=288

Then start a new topic.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Enhanced by Babylon

I have tried every tip I have found online to get rid of this stupid thing and it just will not go away.

I downloaded Babylon translator for a project I was working on. It didn't even do what I wanted. Now, my office right click spell checker does not work, as I only get "Enhanced by Babylon" responses (which are often wrong by the way).

I have deleted Babylon. I have gone to File/Options/Add-ins. There is no Babylon Add-in Listed. I have done a computer search for anything related to Babylon. It does not exist. I have gone to MSOffice Startup...the file is empty.

I downloaded SpyHunter 4 at the suggestion of another site. It ran a three hour scan, and found lots of Babylon files. When I went to remove them, it informed me I had to have the "full" version to remove it. I tried to see what the full version would cost by clicking register now, and could not register as the page refused to load.

I ran SuperAntiSpyware...it found no Babylon files. Yet this stupid thing is STILL in my Office program. HELP ME PLEASE!!!

NOTE: I did read the FAQ section...nothing there applies to this....
    Last edited by tashi; 2013-11-18 at 22:33. Reason: Merged two topics

Hello Kwenbee,
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwenbee View Post
    NOTE: I did read the FAQ section...nothing there applies to this....
    To request assistance in this forum you will need to produce the logs. Do so in a new topic please.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ull=1#post1150

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016