Thread: Updated Definitions not working?

Default Updated Definitions not working?

For the last few months I have been updating Spybot Search & Destroy successfully. However... when I choose to "Immunize" it after updating I ALWAYS end up with 1888818 under the "Protected" & "Total" columns.

This number should go up after I update the program and either Immunize it or use the "Check Again" feature... but it doesn't.

Does this mean I am no longer successfully updating this program? Are my updates no longer working?

I am running Windows Vista and have had this program installed for more than 5 years and until a few months ago it updated and "Immunized" just fine... I currently have Version 1.6.2.46

Any ideas as to what's going on?

Thanks for any responses I may receive.

There's probably nothing wrong with your updates.I found a post from October 2nd of this year saying that immunizations hadn't been updated lately,which is pretty recent,so maybe that's still the case.
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...l=1#post445613

Thanks for providing me with that info...

You're welcome.
    Also,in Spybot 2.1/2.2,from time to time Spybot will popup a notification that some immunizations were removed after an update if they are no longer necessary.If Spybot 1.6 does that as well,then if some immunizations are added,but some are also removed,that could keep the immunization numbers from increasing a lot,also.