Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: W3i.IQ5.fraud and others.

Emeritus-Security Expert

Did it remove all it found. I dont think I would be concerned
    Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2008-2009-2010-2011-2012-2013-2014

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Just a reminder that threads will be closed if no reply in 3 days.

It finds them but you have to purchase it to clean so they're still on there. Is there anything else that we can do. I realize that it's Thanksgiving eve so why don't you spend time with your family and we can pick this up again Friday. have a Happy Thanksgiving.....

Emeritus-Security Expert

I really hate programs that scan your system and then they want you to purchase to remove entries, there are better ones like Spybot and Malwarebytes, personally I wouldn't waste my time with SpyHunter

I will be taking off in the am around 10 or so and will be gone most of the day. Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family as well

ESET Online Scanner
    I'd like us to scan your machine with ESET OnlineScan

*Note
    It is recommended to disable onboard antivirus program and antispyware programs while performing scans so there are no conflicts and it will speed up scan time.
    Please don't go surfing while your resident protection is disabled!
    Once the scan is finished remember to re-enable your antivirus along with your antispyware programs.

1. Hold down Control and click on the following link to open ESET OnlineScan in a new window.
      ESET OnlineScan
    2. Click the button.
    3. For alternate browsers only: (Microsoft Internet Explorer users can skip these steps)
      1. Click on to download the ESET Smart Installer. Save it to your desktop.
      2. Double click on the icon on your desktop.
    4. Check
    5. Click the button.
    6. Accept any security warnings from your browser.
    7. Check
    8. Make sure that the option "Remove found threats" is Unchecked
    9. Push the Start button.
    10. ESET will then download updates for itself, install itself, and begin
      scanning your computer. Please be patient as this can take some time.
    11. When the scan completes, push
    12. Push , and save the file to your desktop using a unique name, such as
      ESETScan. Include the contents of this report in your next reply.
    13. Push the button.
    14. Push
    Please make sure you include the following items in your next post:
    The log that was produced after running ESET Online Scanner.

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue

Hey Ken, ESET was a bit over half way when I got the "blue screen of death" and but would not come back in normal mode. I've restarted in safe mode to update you so I'm shutting down now and will check tomorrow evening or Friday to see if you're back and have any suggestions. While in safe mode I don't get any of the "Windows has encountered a hard disk problem" error messages. This is starting to make me nuts!!!

Emeritus-Security Expert

Good Morning and Happy Thanksgiving,

According to the logs you have Internet Explorer 9 installed, why don't use download and install version 10, its compatible with Windows 7 and see if that helps
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/i...wide-languages

When you run your computer in safemode, it loads just the basic drivers for windows to run. A driver is a file that runs something , be it your mouse and keyboard for example, your system has a lot of driver files and it looks like the one that is causing problems didn't load so no error message. Sometimes this can be challenging to figure out which one but when the one is found and its updated the error usually goes away. There are other ways around this, like re-installing windows, or doing a system repair that re-installs windows on top of the current version, depending on your manufacturer some have the option to restore your system back to the day you received it. But also all this can be fruitless if the problem your having is hardware related, failing hard drive, bad memory module, something going haywire on the mother board.

I think what you may need to do is post in a windows forum that we work closely with, use your same user name that your using here. Like Safer Networking its free but you will have to register.
    http://www.whatthetech.com/

Once you register post in there windows forum, you can link them to this thread so they can see what we have done so far and you can also let them know that I suggested you post here. Start a new thread and explain the problem and let them help you sort it out
    http://forums.whatthetech.com/index.php?showforum=119

Good Luck,
    Ken

ERROR MESSAGE 386
    No KeyBoard Detected
    Press F1 To Continue