Thread: How to set version 2.2.25 not to delete passwords in browsers

Default How to set version 2.2.25 not to delete passwords in browsers

Hi,

I recently updated my free version of Spybot to 2.2.25. from 1.6.2 Now every time I do a scan all of my preset passwords are erased and I have to enter them again. Example: my mail, Facebook, Amazon etc. I did not have this problem with the old version. How can I chance the settings so that I can keep my passwords after a scan?

Thank you,

Amy

Your preset passwords are probably erased after Spybot fixes certain usage tracks found in a scan:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    To get Spybot to stop scanning for tracks,open Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,click Settings(saying yes if prompted by UAC,if applicable),then the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware scan only.

Default Spybot removing passwords

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Your preset passwords are probably erased after Spybot fixes certain usage tracks found in a scan:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    To get Spybot to stop scanning for tracks,open Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,click Settings(saying yes if prompted by UAC,if applicable),then the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware scan only.

Hi Zenobia,

I got all the way to Categories and the only thing similar says: Search for usage tracks. Should I uncheck this one? I did not see any saying Spyware can only....

Thank you

Amy

Hi.
    You see 'Spyware scan only' when you rightclick your mouse in the window where you see Search for usage tracks listed.
    But unchecking tracks.uti - Search for usage tracks should work just as well.
    I forgot to say before,also click the Apply and Ok buttons below,as well.

Default Spybot tracks

Hi Zenobia,

I was able to see the Spyware scan only. I have not done a scan yet but I would let you know if this works.

Thanks so much for your help.

Amy

You're welcome.