Thread: Loading time and access issue + images display issue since Spybot installation

Default Loading time and access issue + images display issue since Spybot installation

Hi there,

My details :
    Windows 7 Home premium
    Google Chrome 31.0.1650
    Spybot 2.2.21.0

A few days ago, I installed Spybot.
    Since, I experience
    -sluggish webpages loading time (if I do manage to load them),
    -inaccessibility of web pages (Spybot page with 'Connection Timed Out', or even plain blank page with 'This page is not available')
    -images and pic display issues (not displaying in fact) on websites

Getting to register and post on this forum took me around 15 min.

Thinking of where I went wrong, I think (but I'm not sure) it's linked to, admit tweaking Spybot's options, I ran an Immunization. I believe I did it without Administrator rights.

Roaming Internet and this forum, I learned that I might have run it inappropriately.
    So I undid the Immunization.

It went nearly back to normal for a few minutes. But then, things reverted back to problematic.

I re-undid the Immunization, as an Administrator this time.
    Again, it went well for a few minutes and then back to the issues I listed above.

On top, I was thinking of uninstalling Spybot.
    But if I do that, for any attempt to load a page, I get a 'Can't find your Proxy Server' message.
    So I was bound to re-install the Spybot app that I had downloaded to be able to muster a bit of connection to write to you.
    Fun.

Thanx in advance for any help you can provide.

It's possible,but from the description you gave,I think it's likely that the problems you experienced might not be from the immunization.From the sounds of things,I think you might have experienced most of those problems if Spybot's proxy was set up.But to err on the side of caution,I'll ask if you ordinarily use a proxy other than the Spybot proxy.
    If the Spybot proxy was set,perhaps that's why you were getting a 'Can't find your Proxy Server' message when trying to go on the internet after uninstalling Spybot.

Open Spybot-S&D Start Center,checkmark Advanced Mode,rightclick Settings and select Run As Administrator,click Internet Protection.Is Use Spybot Proxy checkmarked?

Dear Zenobia,

Thank you for your reply.

Indeed, roaming the setting at the start up of Spybot, I also ticked the 'Use Spybot Proxy' option, as it was strongly recommended.
    (At that time, I didn't know what a proxy is)

As the issue was also with the proxy, one of the first thing I did to try to fix things is indeed to untick that option.
    Much like the Immunization steps I did, it helped but only for a few minutes.

I just checked again and that option is still unticked and I still have the issues I listed in my previous message.

Thank you for providing me with further steps to undertake to fix these.

Cheers,

I forgot to say that, if I understand well what a proxy is, no, usually, I didn't use a proxy as such. At least, I've never pick on my own, besides the one(s) my browser/my computer might have selected automatically without notifying me.
    Cheers,

You're welcome.

When you were getting the 'Can't find your Proxy Server' message,were you using Chrome at the time?

Dear Zenobia,

1) Yes, at the times I wanted to reconnect with Spybot uninstalled, I was using Google Chrome. Actually, I'm almost exclusively using Google Chrome, as I heard it's more stable due to some JavaScript consideration.

2) In the meantime, I've read the following on the thread below :
    Open the Start-Center of Spybot, now click with the right Mousekey on the Menu "Settings" and choose "Run as Administartor" -> Windows may display a security-question, which you answer Yes.
    Into the next window go to the Register "Internet-Security" and siable the Option "Use Spybots own Proxy" and click Apply and OK.

If this did'nt help, please make sure into the global Settings of Internet Explorer (Internetoptions -> Connection -> LAN-Settings) the option "Use a Proxy to access the Internet" is disabled!
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...lorer-unusable

I performed something similar to the second action on my Google Chrome and it changes a little on the speed of the connection for a few minutes, but it was not perfect and I still have the pictures issue.

3) I don't know if that helps but I'm using a cable connection. A friend of mine told me I should switch to wireless connection, because the computer will then choose the proxy itself (which would not be the case in a cable connection). My computer can indeed connect wireless (even though I'm not sure how to set that up). Does that make any sense ?

Thanx in advance for your help further.

It's good you checked out Chrome's connection settings,but Chrome uses the system proxy settings by default.You can access that through Internet Explorer,so you should go ahead and follow the instructions you listed to check that the proxy wasn't accidentally left behind after you unchecked it in Spybot:
    If this did'nt help, please make sure into the global Settings of Internet Explorer (Internetoptions -> Connection -> LAN-Settings) the option "Use a Proxy to access the Internet" is disabled!
    If there is a checkmark beside "Use a Proxy to access the Internet" and after you remove it,you can't access the internet,you could give checkmarking "Automatically detect settings" under Automatic Connection a try,to see if that works.It should be in the area right above.
    Please let me know if that helps.

On number 3,you shouldn't need to switch to wireless unless it's something you would really like to do.So,maybe leave that as a last resort sort of thing.