Thread: Live protection partial

Default Live protection partial

I'm a bit new on this forum so bare with me if this is a simple question.
    What does Live Protection Partial mean, and what do I need to do to get full protection.
    SpyBot is now my only anti virus, I also have Windows Defender. I'm on Win XP.

Which edition do you have,Spybot free,Spybot Home version,or Spybot Professional Edition?

Default Live protection Partial

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    Which edition do you have,Spybot free,Spybot Home version,or Spybot Professional Edition?
    I'm on Spybot Home version

Ok,thanks.
    If you rightclick on the Spybot icon down by your computer clock,is there a checkmark beside Live Protection?
    Also,there was a Home Edition before Antivirus was included,I believe,so after you're done checking if Live Protection has a checkmark,could you click Start Center and tell me which version is listed at the top of Spybot?It'll say something along the lines of Start Center(Spybot Search & Destroy 2.2).

Ok,thanks.
    If you rightclick on the Spybot icon down by your computer clock,is there a checkmark beside Live Protection?
    Also,there was a Home Edition before Antivirus was included,I believe,so after you're done checking if Live Protection has a checkmark,could you click Start Center and tell me which version is listed at the top of Spybot?It'll say something along the lines of Start Center(Spybot Search & Destroy 2.2).
    There is no icon by my computer clock, but I am on Spybot 2.2 with AV

Oh,I assumed you were seeing Live Protection partial on the Spybot icon down by your clock when you hovered your mouse over it.
    Where are you seeing Living Protection partial at?

Oh,I assumed you were seeing Live Protection partial on the Spybot icon down by your clock when you hovered your mouse over it.
    Where are you seeing Living Protection partial at?
    Top right of screen it says : Live protection partial (Yellow box)
    Internet service ( Ticked)
    Update service stopped (Ticked)

Hi, "Live Protection: partial" means that the service is running but Live Protection is not checked in SDTray. The status will be renamed to "paused" or something similar in future version since "partial" confuses a lot of our users.
    (m/f)

Quote Originally Posted by (m/f) View Post
    Hi, "Live Protection: partial" means that the service is running but Live Protection is not checked in SDTray. The status will be renamed to "paused" or something similar in future version since "partial" confuses a lot of our users.
    OK thanks for all your replies.I have no other doubts.