and nothing after that date is offered

last successful update 2013-11-20

Sybot S&D 1.6.2.46
    2 systems:
    - win7 x64
    - win7 starter

Default Agreed: Bad checksum on update

Hi,
    Just to conifrm that I myself attempted to update 3 times with the same result. Afterwords I deleted all update files to see if this would remedy the situation, then re-downloaded all files including the bad file in question with the same result. My conclusion concurs with your own. The update file itself has a bad checksum, or so I believe.
    This system was Windows 8.
    Last edited by DROSOPHILIA; 2013-12-07 at 03:50.

Default Seems they removed that bad checksum file...

Hi, it seems they removed that bad checksum update since yesterday. I was having the same problem yesterday but today when I tried it says no newer update available.

Default bad check sum

from 12-7-13 to 12-8-13 (today) still receiving "bad sum check" no matter where in the world i download update ! Please help.

Default Bad Checksum SS&D 1.6.2.46

I'm also getting bad checksum for Detection rules dated 2013-11-27

Win 7 64 bit
    Last edited by Guest2; 2013-12-08 at 21:14.

... me too ... is there a way to copy over (to the problem XP Pro SP3 machine) a good 'includes.zip' file from a XP Pro SP3 machine with a properly updated installation of S.-S.&D. 1.6.2.46?

And, why doesn't the 1.6.2.46 version (on XP) tell you about the available 2.2 version? Or is the latter only for Win 7 Pro 64-bit and the like?

Thanks, FFF

I am getting the same error message today during update process of Spybot 1.6.2. I tried several mirrors with the same result. I solved the problem by updating manually. You can download the update installer http://www.spybotupdates.com/updates...d_includes.exe.
    Just download and run that file - it is self-installing.

awesome paarn ... as soon as I read your post I remembered your approach/method ... doh!
    Thanks, all is well ... FFF

P.S. anybody got any comment on why the 1.6.2.46 version (on XP) doesn't tell you about the available 2.2 version? Or is the latter only for Win 7 Pro 64-bit and the like?
    In every corporate organization, there will be an individual who knows everything that goes on at any given moment - this person MUST be fired immediately!

Default uninstal then reinstal fixes this too...

I had the same problem and an uninstall then reinstall fixed it and brought the update to 12-4-13. I had previously thought they removed the bad checksum file while using another pc but when I rechecked the one I had the problem with it was still there until I uninstalled and reinstalled spybot then all was well. spybot 1.6.2 windows 7 home premium 64bit.

I too cannot download the latest 11-27-2013 update, and am getting a bad checksum error message.

Is there any way to download the next most recent working update?

I mean are they archived somewhere on the website?

I haven't updated Spybot in a while, and since the most recent update is not working, I would like to update Spybot to the the next most recent one. Is there a way to do that?