Thread: How to use

Default How to use

I have to confess that I haven't used Spybot for a while, but now I can't even figure out how to use it.

I have installed and am presented with the 'Start Center', I click on 'System Scan' and that takes less that 1 second, so that can't have done a scan.
    I next click on 'File' and that show nothing.

So how do I do a scan for Spyware as I have in the past ??

Default How to use

I can't edit to add some text so have had to use a second post. This is what I was going to add.

Edited to add: I have just done a rootkit scan which show 8 objects and some other something I don't understand, what it don't show is a way to get rid of the objects it's found.

Sorry, you've messed up on this one. It annoys me at 77 years of age why you, and most software writers, always assume we are Bill Gates or have his level of knowledge.

I'll go and try Adaware, I haven't use that for a long time, lets see how they have changed.

If you ever change your mind and want to use Spybot again,then the System Scan might have happened so quickly if there were no updates downloaded.In which case,you can checkmark Advanced Mode,click Update,then click the Update button at the top.

File Scan is for being able to scan a single file or a couple files at a time that you'd like to scan,without having to go through a System Scan.

Not everything found when scanning for rootkits are bad,so please see here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...ally-rootkits/