Thread: Insertion of image

Default Insertion of image

Can you please advise the procedure for inserting an image. Must admit I don't quite know how it is done and would like to post a thread with an image inserted in the thread which should clearly show what my problem is.

Thanks

P.S. The imaged file has a jpg extention

You could attach it,try clicking Manage Attachments under additional options(you'd see it when you're replying or submitting a new post.).But,I think there are size limits,and I'm not seeing .jpg listed as a Valid file extension there.

Also have a look here and here:
    http://forums.spybot.info/misc.php?do=bbcode#attach
    http://forums.spybot.info/misc.php?do=bbcode#imgcode

Default Insertion of Image

Thanks for yr input. It wud appear as though jpg extention is out of the question. Will have to fathom another method.

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

I suggest that you describe in the problem that you are having in English and we can go from there.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hello MD USA

Must admit I don't quite understand what you are indicating. Am I to assume that my thread is somewhat ambiguous even though it was written in English.
    Maybe it was not stated clearly enough to unravel my problem.

Theoretically I am trying to find out the way in which an image can be inserted within a thread. I have tried without any luck. Attach files is mentioned as well as the valid extensions allowed. Unfortunately the file which I wish to attach has the extention of jpg which is not listed. I therefore assume it is therefore not possible.

The problem which I am experiencing is as follows:
    Within the last days on each occasion when I do a scan using SpyBot I receive notice to the effect that there might be a problem with Windows Security Internet Explorer.
    I would like to post a thread requesting some assistance how to alleviate this problem. Even though I have requested that the problem be fixed it has returned often enough for me to be concerned.
    Perhaps you can advise as to a possible cause why this is happening. I don't recall changing any settings which might be responsible for this frequent occurence. I have used this program for a very long time and not experienced this before.
    Your help / advice appreciated.

When I suggested "…describe in the problem that you are having in English …", this is what I was trying to indicating:

Quote Originally Posted by Kaput View Post
    The problem which I am experiencing is as follows:
    Within the last days on each occasion when I do a scan using SpyBot I receive notice to the effect that there might be a problem with Windows Security Internet Explorer.
    Please post a log of the actual detections you are getting. To do that without posting an image:
    • Run another scan.
    • When the scan completes, right click on the results list, select "Copy results to clipboard".
    • Then paste those results to a new post in this thread.

Thanks

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hi MD

In order that you might think I am overlooking this matter, thought of letting you know that due to urgent matters I will be out for some time and possibly not be able to forward a follow up to ur request until sometime on Sunday. In the m/time thanks for your urgent response.

Kaput

Hi MD

I now find it possible to carry out your instructions sooner than expected.

Here are results requested after doing a scan

Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-299502267-2052111302-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe!=W=1

--- Spybot - Search & Destroy version: 1.4 (build: 20050523) ---

2005-05-31 blindman.exe (1.0.0.1)
    2005-05-31 SpybotSD.exe (1.4.0.3)
    2005-05-31 TeaTimer.exe (1.4.0.2)
    2006-08-02 unins000.exe (51.41.0.0)
    2005-05-31 Update.exe (1.4.0.0)
    2006-02-06 advcheck.dll (1.0.2.0)
    2005-05-31 aports.dll (2.1.0.0)
    2005-05-31 borlndmm.dll (7.0.4.453)
    2005-05-31 delphimm.dll (7.0.4.453)
    2005-05-31 SDHelper.dll (1.4.0.0)
    2006-02-20 Tools.dll (2.0.0.2)
    2005-05-31 UnzDll.dll (1.73.1.1)
    2005-05-31 ZipDll.dll (1.73.2.0)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Cookies.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Dialer.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Hijackers.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Keyloggers.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Malware.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\PUPS.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Revision.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Security.sbi (*)
    2006-09-01 Includes\Spybots.sbi (*)
    2005-02-17 Includes\Tracks.uti
    2006-09-01 Includes\Trojans.sbi (*)

unquote

Kaput:

There are a few threads concerning the detection of:

Code:
    Windows.Security.InternetExplorer: Settings (Registry change, nothing done)
    HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-299502267-2052111302-839522115-1003\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\FeatureControl\FEATURE_LOCALMACHINE_LOCKDOWN\iexplore.exe!=W=1
    Namely:

To eliminate the detection try the suggestion from this post by eliuri:

In this thread:

Summary:

Go into Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Advanced tab > scroll down to Security (near the bottom). Uncheck these two (2) items unless you intentionally set them:
    • Allow active content from CDs to run on My Computer
    • Allow active content to run in files on My Computer

MD

Currently all appears to be OK after using method posted by eliuri.

That procedure was carried out yesterday but decided to have another go today (this morning) only to find to my horror the problem again. Upon using the method as above it wud appear as though I had not unticked one of the boxes so I proceeded to do as suggested. I am almost certain that I had unticked both boxes in the first instance.
    Since then I have done several scans and the congratulatory report appears on each occasion. I am assuming that all is well and will keep a close watch on the situation within the coming days. Should it reoccur will get back to u.
    Thanks