Thread: 204534 of 251197 entries are already immunized, but 46663 are still unprotected!

Default 204534 of 251197 entries are already immunized, but 46663 are still unprotected!

Hi to all,
    Being a long time SB user (gotta be 6-7 years now), I've always relied on SB and passed it on to many of my IT clients to help them as well (100's).
    My trouble is my machine has been stuck on this unprotected amount for over a year. I've uninstalled, reinstalled versions 1.6 over and over (even after doing registry cleans and deep uninstaller), and now have the 2.2 version hoping it would work, but not doing the job either.
    I've Windows 7 64 bit updated Dec 6 2103 with windows update, Norton IS (not an issue on my other machine), and that is it, not other spyware or active junk.
    I've tried disabling NIS for 5 minutes during a reboot.
    The only thing I have not tried is a "safe-mode" reboot with SB updater.
    Any ideas??

When you click Show details,is it just one grouping of items not immunized,or is it showing unprotected throughout all categories?

Question Still Unprotected?

Quote Originally Posted by Zenobia View Post
    When you click Show details,is it just one grouping of items not immunized,or is it showing unprotected throughout all categories?
    Hey, I have a similar issue.
    Mine says: 173289 of 188779 entries are already immunized, but 15490 are still unprotected!
    When I go into Show Details, it says that the 15490 which are still unprotected are all coming from \SOFTWARE (Domains) on the Internet Explorer (32-bit) category.
    My PC is Windows 7 Home Premium Version 6.1.7601 (64-bit)
    and I have Internet Explorer 11.0.9600.16476 Update Versions 11.0.2 (KB2898785).

You probably are running immunization as administrator,but I figured I'd mention it just in case.Running immunization as administrator is covered here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/...to-immunize-2/
    At the bottom of that,it links to the forum,where reasons for incomplete immunization are listed:
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...e-immunization
    If you have any of the programs listed there,it's possible those could be the reason for incomplete immunization.

If none of the above applies,you can run immunization,rightclick somewhere in the Spybot window,select deselect all,then go to the Internet Explorer (32-bit) category and checkmark only Software(Domains) under the Internet Explorer (32-bit) category,and click Apply Immunization,and see if it works.If it doesn't,click Stop Immunization.

If none of the above help,then there was a person who posted here a few years back,and they had a problem with rights with the registry key for Internet Explorer 32 bit - \Software (Domains):
    http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...-how-to-fix-it
    It's possible there might be something similar happening with you.
    Since the post I linked to is older,a few things have changed.There is no longer a immudebug.log by default with this version of Spybot for you to look at,I don't believe.
    If you are familiar with regedit and would like to check the permissions on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Internet Settings\ZoneMap\Domains,let me know if you need help.
    Also,the registry key should be backed up before any changes are made:
    http://windows.microsoft.com/en-ca/w...#1TC=windows-7
    If you're unfamiliar with regedit and are unsure about checking the registry key,it would be safer to just leave things as they are,as the registry can be tricky.