Thread: Spybot keeps freezing

Default Spybot keeps freezing

Ok so i bought the home antivirus and ever since then, I scan my files, and when I click on fix selected it freezes. It says not responding and then I have to close spybot. I just wanna know why is it doing this after I bought this and is it actually deleting my "problems"?

Try waiting to close Spybot for a couple minutes after you see "Not Responding."I've had that happen a couple times,and sometimes if I wait it will start responding again.

Default same thing, not responding.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon Christ View Post
    Ok so i bought the home antivirus and ever since then, I scan my files, and when I click on fix selected it freezes. It says not responding and then I have to close spybot. I just wanna know why is it doing this after I bought this and is it actually deleting my "problems"?
    i have tried waiting till the next morning and it is still stuck, i looked at resources through the task manager and it was sitting idle, with no action. it did not happen with a earlier version but then i updated to 2.4, using it on windows 8.1. i hav to either use the computer off or task manager to shut it down, as the whole page will not respond.

In that case,it might be best to contact Support.There is a link to the contact forms here.
    https://www.safer-networking.org/support/

Default Fix for this

Hi, I posted somewhere on this but I cannot find my post yet. Instead I found your post.

I had the same problem and I have found the answer. When you click "fix selected" only give it ONE CLICK not the usual MS two clicks. If you give it two clicks it goes into freeze mode.

If zenobia reads this can you find my original theme so that I can post the answer on it.

John