Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Something Redirecting Internet Browser

Hi,

That did not really help. Switching the buttons really did not do much. I tried keeping it in left handed mode for a minute and the right button sort of worked as the left. I switched back and now the right button acts as a right click, but it strangely enough deselects a window making it inactive if you right click. The mouse properties also said the device was working properly. There was also a button to restore it to default and I tried that too. No luck.

I thought about reformatting the computer or wiping it back to the original settings. What is the easiest way to something like that?

Security Expert-Emeritus Dakeyras's Avatar

Hi.

I'm afraid it sounds very much like a hardware problem with the laptops actual inbuilt mouse/track-pad and keys. Not a lot I can advise about that apart from taking the machine to a local IT Repair Centre.

I thought about reformatting the computer or wiping it back to the original settings. What is the easiest way to something like that?
    The problem with the mouse would still remain, do you have a PS/2 Mouse you can connect and that way can at least continue with the malware removal process before you have the inbuilt mouse repaired.
    Mammuthus Hibernian Scouserus, member of ASAP and UNITE.

ok, so I plugged in a USB mouse and that works. Should I go back to system restore and revert back to the most recent restore point? or do I stay where I am?

Hi.

I plugged in a USB mouse and that works.
    Good.

Should I go back to system restore and revert back to the most recent restore point? or do I stay where I am?
    No need at this time and we will merely perform a few prior checks/scans again as follows...

Go back to post #9(this should be the system restore point you invoked last time).

Complete all the prior instructions again and in turn post the requested logs(OTL Log from the Custom Script and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Log).

Due to the lack of feedback this Topic is closed.

If it has been three days or more since your last post, and the helper assisting you posted a response to that post to which you did not reply, your topic will not be reopened. At that point, if you still require help, please start a new topic and include a fresh set of DDS logs and a link to your previous thread.

If it has been less than three days since your last response and you need the thread re-opened, please send a private message (pm). A valid, working link to the closed topic is required.
    -----------------------------
    Edit
    New topic: http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...ser-Redirected