Thread: UEFI/bios menu bugs out visually

Default UEFI/bios menu bugs out visually

Hey!

I have a fairly new ASUS MB with an i7 processor, an XFX Radeon cards and usually two screens, my 40" 1080 Samsung TV and an old SyncMaster monitor that is not used much. My problem is in the bios/UEFI where not all menu items appear on the screen. They end up off screen in long lists of options where you can click down six times before the page itself begins to scroll. And so, in the list of SATA connectors and HDs so I can not see which drives recognized when half of the list is off the screen without being able to scroll down. The list is long enough that the system think it fits on one screen but not long enough to scroll down.

It feels like there is a problem with the aspect ratio, but it does not help to change the TV from 16:9 to 4:3. My old SyncMaster monitor, I would rather not use, it is so glitchy and often refuse to start.. I have it disconnected right now and only run with the TV ( HDMI > DVI cable).. I was hoping someone here has had any with similar experience in their UEFI setup and what solved their problem?

I apologize for the poor quality cellphone picture but hopefully it demonstrates my problem. Notice the "OC Tune" menu item at the bottom row and is written on the version and copyright line .. Below that the list of menu items continue and I can never see the bottom 6 lines.
    Last edited by tashi; 2016-09-05 at 18:25. Reason: Image removed

Hello therydan,

I suggest you register and start a topic at What The Tech in their General Hardware or Consumer Electronics forum where a volunteer tech can help troubleshoot.

Hope that helps.
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-01-15 at 16:50. Reason: Clarify
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016