Thread: SVCHost Com Surrogate Throbbing every 5 seconds

Default SVCHost Com Surrogate Throbbing every 5 seconds

I vistied windows forums and several users claim that removing Spybot from their commuter solves this problem. See this link for more information. I want to get to the real cause of this problem instead of just having finger pointing back and forth.

http://windowsforum.com/threads/com-...8/#post-590129 http://forums.spybot.info/images/smi...antasmiley.png

Thank you for reporting this, we will investigate this.

This is a known problem and SB is not the cause. The possible solution is here: http://helpdeskgeek.com/help-desk/fi...g-in-windows-7

Cool Comm Surrogate

This is the problem for sure: when I change the settings in Spy Bot not to display the tray icon, the throbbing stop instantly. Start the tray icon and we are back to throbbing com surrogate. Start and stop start and stop. You are in a loop when ever I use the explorer or Netflix or Amazon Prime Video. I own two copies of pro so could you guys look into this. I'm not the only one with win 7 64 with this problem as you can see the Microsoft engineers have ID-ed your tray icon as the culprit. Word travels fast. There is a fix for x86 Win7 about the DEP but that is not allowed in Win 7 64.

Hello bmazak,

Someone will investigate this, thank you for the additional reporting.

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

We will try to reproduce , test and investigate this as fast as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by bmazak View Post
    This is the problem for sure: when I change the settings in Spy Bot not to display the tray icon,
    Could you do me a favour and check whether the throbbing also happens when Start Center is open (and tray is not)?
    The tray is checking the status of all modules every five seconds, and so does the Start Center, so if this status check is at fault, it would happen with Start Center open as well.

We don't use any COM there, but the live protection state testing is looking deep into the system, and checking the services uses a Microsoft DLL that we probably could do without.

Quote Originally Posted by bmazak View Post
    as you can see the Microsoft engineers have ID-ed your tray icon as the culprit. Word travels fast. There is a fix for x86 Win7 about the DEP but that is not allowed in Win 7 64.
    Have I missed a link? Are you speaking about the posters at http://windowsforum.com ? Don't see explicit MS engineers there. But since you're speaking about DEP, do you have any more in-detail links?
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Test version of SDTray

Could anyone experience this issue please test the attached version?

Just go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\, stop the Spybot tray, rename the old SDTray.exe to SDTray.exe.old or something like that, and place the new one there.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Smile Issue resolved

Quote Originally Posted by PepiMK View Post
    Test version of SDTray

Could anyone experience this issue please test the attached version?

Just go to C:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\, stop the Spybot tray, rename the old SDTray.exe to SDTray.exe.old or something like that, and place the new one there.
    I have had this same issue for months. I tried the attached version and it has resolved the issue. If I update spybot, will I have to replace the SDTary or will this new version be incorporated for the fix?
    Cheers
    Rasha