Thread: General ? re: scan log, specifically registry keys and changes

Question General ? re: scan log, specifically registry keys and changes

I'm running the latest SpyBot on Windows 8.1. Recent scan showed a number of Registry Key and Registry Change items with the category of TRACKS. All the Registry Change entries show a path which ends with (is not)...Such as: \User Agent (is not) or \Client Account (is not). I can't find any info on what these mean. If I click on "Show Details" I'm taken to the Forums page, but can't find any info here either.

My questions are:

1) Can any Registry finding in "Tracks" automatically be "fixed" by Spybot? (I'm unable to use ERUNT due to it not seeming to be compatible with Windows 8.1, and am scared of anything with "registry" in the name.)

2) Any ideas on what the (is not) entries mean?

3) Would these entries indicate any type of malware? I did do a "fix" on a different entry for iCrossRider, Category PUPSC, since I'd read it could be malware-ish. Could they be related at all?

Thanks so much for your assistance. If you want me to run any reports or anything just let me know.

In Memoriam -Always in our heart nickW's Avatar

Hello,

About the "is not", please see:

http://forums.spybot.info/showthread...%28-is-not-%29

HTH.

Cheers.
    nickW, traductrice de Spybot-S&D en français
    ASAP & UNITE member
    Forum d'Assiste.com

Smile Thanks, Nick

Thanks, I'll go ahead and run another scan and "fix" these items, since no mention was made of them doing anything detrimental.