Thread: Browser opens by itself reformat didnt help

Default Browser opens by itself reformat didnt help

Hello I have a huge problem with my browser. My main browser keeps opening by itself and it refreshes by itself. First I've had problems with Chrome, so I uninstalled and reinstalled but nothing happened. So I installed all kinds of anti malware/virus programs to get rid of any malicious malwares, but even through that I didnt find anything bad. I decided to refomat my computer and installed chrome again but once I installed it it started opening non-stop so I tried firefox but it's not as bad chrome, but it still opens the browser randomly and when Im on a website it would refresh back to the homepage. I have no idea what the problem is can anyone please help???
    Last edited by tashi; 2014-02-04 at 06:00. Reason: Moved from malware frorum :-)

Hello ohirris,

Quote Originally Posted by ohirris View Post
    I decided to refomat my computer and installed chrome again but once I installed it it started opening non-stop so I tried firefox but it's not as bad chrome, but it still opens the browser randomly
    What is the operating system and which security programs are installed? Also which browser add ons do you have.

When the browser/s first opens is it to the homepage you set yourself or do you see random ads?

Best regards.
    Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2018-
    Windows Insider MVP 2016-2018
    Microsoft Consumer Security MVP 2006-2016

Default Helppp

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hello ohirris,

What is the operating system and which security programs are installed? Also which browser add ons do you have.

When the browser/s first opens is it to the homepage you set yourself or do you see random ads?

Best regards.
    Hello I am on Windows 7 Home premium
    8 GB RAM
    Intel i5

As of right now I have Malwarebtyes, Avast, RogueKiller

And I dont have any addons right now
    When I open the browser it doesnt open to ad pages
    and when Im on a site it keep refreshing back to the homepage

Ive tried a little experiment by making Firefox my default browser
    and using IE but few seconds after I open IE Firefox opens up non stop.

heres what it looks like

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y10...n/Untitled.png

Hi ohirris,

The image you posted shows something I've seen myself a long time ago and it had something to do with user settings, but I don't recall the solution.

As your security software didn't find anything remiss and you also reformatted would you like to be linked to a tech forum so a volunteer can help you troubleshoot?

Best regards.

Quote Originally Posted by tashi View Post
    Hi ohirris,

The image you posted shows something I've seen myself a long time ago and it had something to do with user settings, but I don't recall the solution.

As your security software didn't find anything remiss and you also reformatted would you like to be linked to a tech forum so a volunteer can help you troubleshoot?

Best regards.
    No the virus removal softwares didnt find anything bad or harmful as far as I know. And I reformatted the computer about 4 times.
    Can you please have me linked to the tech forum or whatever that may resolve this issue.
    Thanks.

Hello ohirris,

Register and start a topic at What The Tech here: Browsers, Internet and email

If necessary someone can move the topic later, please provide a link to this thread.