Hi Samwise,

I do not currently have an antivirus program.
I can't stress enough that you need to have an Anti-Virus program installed and running at all times if you are on the Internet. You can try one of the free programs below until you work through this issue with SpyBot.

AntiVirus Program
As a rule of thumb one should run one firewall, one antivirus program in memory, and one antispyware utility in memory. It's fine to have other security tools available on an as-needed or on-demand basis, but when multiple tools simultaneously perform the same function, you're asking for trouble.

I would recommend that you install one of these free Antivirus programs immediately. Just choose one:
Microsoft Security Essentials
Avast

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

C:\windows\system32\msiexec.exe I allowed this before system restore, how about now?
This is Microsoft's Windows Installer program, which processes product installation files in the.MSI format. It normally appears only when invoked by double-clicking on a .MSI file (or having one run automatically as part of an installation process.) Don't terminate this process if it is present, or you will likely mess up an installation in progress.

You should set your firewall to allow this file. Sometimes after malware removal we have to re-teach our security software how to handle certain files.

time to update Itunes software" Following the advice from this forum, I always try to keep all software up to date when prompted.
Yes, keeping software up to date is a good practice. We will look further into iTunes after we resolve the other issues.

OK, a few questions to clarify where we are at the moment:

1. Was the browser log in issue you mentioned above isolated to this website?
  2. Adobe is installed w/o McAfee, correct? - Have you encountered any issues?
  3. Is Spybot currently installed?

Steps to take:

1. Uninstall Spybot if you haven't already done so, reboot.
  2. Install an Anti-Virus, reboot.
  3. Are you receiving any error messages at this time? If so take a screenshot or write down the error message to include in your next reply.

I would like you to run this scan to make sure nothing has repopulated after using System Restore.

Download Farbar Recovery Scan Tool and save to your desktop.

Note: You need to run the version compatible with your system. If you are not sure which version applies to your system download both of them and try to run them. Only one of them will run on your system, that will be the right version.

• Right click and select "Run as Administrator" to run it. When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
  • Press Scan button.
  • It will make a log (FRST.txt) in the same directory the tool is run. Please copy and paste it to your reply.
  • The first time the tool is run, it makes also another log (Addition.txt). Please attach it to your reply

=========================

In your next post please provide the following:
  • Answer's to the questions asked.
  • FRST.txt
  • Addition.txt