Thread: Suggestion/Request

Lightbulb Suggestion/Request

I mainly use FileAlyzer to do file CRC/MD5 comparisons when they are available from the download locations. It would be great if there was a box where I could put the CRC/MD5 that is on the web site into FA, then FA can turn green the section if it matches one of the CRC/MD5/SHA1 that FA works out for the file.

Comparing a CRC manually is OK, but once you start using MD5 or SHA1, mistakes can happen.

Thanks for your continued development and support for your products.
    Last edited by Raymond; 2008-10-10 at 02:32.

Nice idea...
    As you can see in the screenshots here, the hash list has changed a bit.
    I could imagine an input box at the bottom there, for which matching list items would be highlighted somehow.

Added this as this feature request.
    Just remember, love is life, and hate is living death.
    Treat your life for what it's worth, and live for every breath
    (Black Sabbath: A National Acrobat)

Spybot Advisor Team [Retired] md usa spybot fan's Avatar

Raymond:

I find MD5 Checker 2.31 handy for comparing MD5s. It compares an MD5 in the clipboard with the MD5 of a file, cutting out the manual comparison. You can try that for MD5s only.
    Last edited by md usa spybot fan; 2008-10-14 at 18:30.

Getting an answer is one thing, learning is another.

Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition running on a 2.40GHz IntelŪ PentiumŪ 4 Processor with 512 MB of RAM and a 533 MHz System Bus.

Hmmmm... another nice idea. I could place a "From Clipboard" button next to that field mentioned above

You can find that in 1.6.1.6 now, or in 2.0.0 I'll upload later today

Lightbulb

Appologies on resurecting a post, but my comment seems relevant to this post.
    I've recently started using FileAlyzer and have to say I'm impressed with it so far

However, regarding the chucksum calculation, and specifically the ability to highlight the matches. Would it be possible to have either a checkbox for "Ignore Case" or else a button for "Convert to Uppercase" ?

I ask because FA seems to generate it's (MD5) hash using uppercase HEX characters, but quite often the MD5 hash that a website will provide is using lowercase letters. Currently the comparison fails if the case is not the same and manually converting it to uppercase is tiresome and error prone.

Thanks

EDIT Currently using FA 2.0.5.57
    Last edited by Schmill; 2012-05-23 at 12:51. Reason: Added current version

Upon startup, FileAlyzer v2.0.5.57 checks and if not present, creates a weird directory:

C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\TagsRevisited\
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\TagsRevisited\Databases\Genres.txt
    C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\My Documents\TagsRevisited\Databases\URLs.txt

This directory has nothing to do with FileAlyzer and I wouldn't like to see it in future versions.

Thanks.
    Last edited by terro56xv; 2012-06-26 at 23:26.

Question Source Code

Hello, just a simple question as this is the "Request" Area, have you or would you release the source code for FileAlyzer? My primary reason is because of the Microsoft OS providing less and less info when more is needed! I am attempting to develop a way to hover over a file and have all relevant data appear in a tool-tip including any comments. So as you have a means of obtaining 99% of what I'm after I thought I would ask. I only will be using this for my own purposes but would be happy to share any results with you if you wanted. As a side note, WHAT A FANTASTIC TOOL!! Thanks.