Thread: Turn off live protection please

Default Turn off live protection please

Hi,

I installed the virus protection for Spybot several days ago. Id like to turn off the live protection. Im assuming its scanning constantly and I have a blue circle next to my mouse pointer all the time,plus the computer is making constant noise.

I cannot figure out how to turn this off. Can anyone help? Thanks

If you rightclick the Spybot icon down by your clock,and remove the checkmark from beside Live Protection,it becomes listed in the Spybot start center as Partial.What that seems to do is stop Live Protection from scanning programs before they start.You can see a picture with the checkmark here:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/live-protection/
    If you open Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(saying Yes to UAC,if applicable),click the Live Protection tab,then you click Show Live Protection Advanced Control,you can see two options to deactivate Live Protection,or uninstall Live Protection.

I'll post some info,just to be sure you know about it all.
    This is a general description of what things like Live Protection do:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Antivir...ime_protection
    If you have another antivirus installed with real-time protection that is currently active,then you would still have real-time protection if you turn Spybot's live protection off or uninstall it.
    But if Spybot + AV is the only antivirus software you have installed,and you turn off or uninstall Live Protection,then you wouldn't have active real-time protection,and might want to consider getting an alternative.
    If you have any questions,let me know,I will help.

Default Thanks

You just saved my sanity. I found the icon near the clock. I couldnt take the blue circle turning around my mouse pointer anymore! Thank you again

You're welcome.