Thread: How to stop SPYBOT from erasing "Most recently used files in excell and MS word"

Default How to stop SPYBOT from erasing "Most recently used files in excell and MS word"

I have MS 2007 and everytime i run scan i go to use my programs and everyting is gone. I love this feature by MS office. I love spybot but hate that it is doing things without asking. Please help me fix

Which version of Spybot do you have?

2.2 free version

Spybot removes usage tracks,so that is why it is removing most recently used files in Excel and MS Word:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/faq/usage-tracks/
    You could get Spybot to stop removing usage tracks altogether,and that will stop it from removing your most recently used files in Excel and Word.
    Open the Spybot start center,checkmark advanced mode,click Settings(saying yes to the uac prompt,if applicable.),open the categories tab,and somewhere in the Spybot window,rightclick and select Spyware Scan only.

Default Got it ! thanks for the hint

You said the magic word, usage tracks, as for the other directions it must be for a very old version or the new pro version.
    Anyway it did get me to the catagories window and at the veery bottom I removed the check from "USUAGE tracks"
    Thank you for your help. not any do. Merry christmas.
    Any thoughts on why they do this?

You're welcome,and Merry Christmas to you,too.
    Any thoughts on why they do this?
    Most recently used are removed by design,as part of scanning for usage tracks.

Unhappy

U/graded to 2.2 and again lost my carefully built list in MS Word of Recent Docs. Grrrr. This thread has reminded me of the steps to some extent, but in Categories I found 1/2 way down a Tracks.sbi box, plus at the bottom of the list a Tracks.uti box - the lower one I hadn't unticked, so I must weep my loss and get on with life.

Tracks are backed up into Quarantine,so if you can find the right usage track,you might be able to recover.It's worth a try.