Thread: Windows 8.1

Default Windows 8.1

Hi, I have just updated to a Windows 8.1 computer and wish to install Spybot, I have used Spybot for many years with XP so want to continue with the software I know and trust. I am using the Windows firewall and Windows Defender so I would be grateful for any help with installing/conflicts I should be aware of or please direct me to any previous threads that can be of help. As anyone who has migrated between these systems will know its been a major learning curve so any assistance will be most welcome.

I can't help you with anything about Windows 8.1,since I'm still on Windows 7.
    But,I can show you the link about Spybot 2.2 being compatible with Windows 8.1,which is the current latest version of Spybot:
    http://www.safer-networking.org/2013...t-windows-8-1/
    There's a download button on that page,too.

Default Zenobia

Many thanks for your reply. I badly worded the end of my post as I was not looking for help with 8.1 just using it with S&D. Your link is just what I was after and covers my concerns regarding compatibility issues being covered by the current version of Spybot. Best wishes and thanks again.

You're welcome.